Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
The Rubicon suspension gives you a little room for future off roading plans and you can add a little more lift affordably than you could add on the Sahara.
I'm trying to understand what you mean by this. A lift kit would cost the same regardless of trim.
Sponsored

jeepscout

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to understand what you mean by this. A lift kit would cost the same regardless of trim.
I mean that a simple leveling kit could give a little extra lift where the Sahara would require something a little more in depth to achieve the same height.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I mean that a simple leveling kit could give a little extra lift where the Sahara would require something a little more in depth to achieve the same height.
Ah well you start out an inch higher. At least thats the height gain I got when I put a takeoff suspension on mine. If you're going for a kit with longer shocks and springs the end result would be the same with either.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
If you plan to never go off road or beaching, then the Sahara is a great luxury type Jeep and can still do great trail riding. My preference was the look of the Moab. I really wanted a Rubicon but also wanted everything the Sahara offers. Since I won't be rock crawling in Houston (except for certain streets), Moab was just right.
What is Luxurious about the Sahara? are we talking about Wranglers here right? Sorry just made me laugh a little... I would say the Sahara Less Utilitarian...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What is Luxurious about the Sahara? are we talking about Wranglers here right? Sorry just made me laugh a little... I would say the Sahara Less Utilitarian...
Less utilitarian? I've got the same cargo volume as a Rubicon or a sport... :movember:

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Less utilitarian? I've got the same cargo volume as a Rubicon or a sport... :movember:
What does cargo space have to do with ride or aesthetics? of course they are the same cargo space does not equate to LUXURY. My point was non of the models are luxurious. No if they offered Corinthian Leather now we are talking...

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
What does cargo space have to do with ride or aesthetics? of course they are the same cargo space does not equate to LUXURY. My point was non of the models are luxurious. No if they offered Corinthian Leather now we are talking...
You said utilitarian though, which would point towards utility rather than comfort.

Not that I would complain about those comfy pillow seats from the 70s and 80s though. :giggle:

cordoba.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Luxury did not even cross my mind when I chose a Sahara, There are options available on Sahara that Sports does not have access to. Like LSD, Painted fenders, yes the cloth seats are nicer (not luxurious though). Sahara touts a better ride but that is mostly based on the street only stock tires. Add 44's with Lockers, Electric disconnect sway bar links, a little lift and shazam the Sahara is a Rubicon (do not forget the hood). Although LSD is not available on the Rubicon.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Luxury did not even cross my mind when I chose a Sahara, There are options available on Sahara that Sports does not have access to. Like LSD, Painted fenders, yes the cloth seats are nicer (not luxurious though). Sahara touts a better ride but that is mostly based on the street only stock tires. Add 44's with Lockers, Electric disconnect sway bar links, a little lift and shazam the Sahara is a Rubicon (do not forget the hood). Although LSD is not available on the Rubicon.
For me the Sport S I test drove was just as well equipped as the Sahara I wound up buying, save the LED headlights and the Hardtop.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Hi everyone - I'm in the process of purchasing my first Jeep Wrangler and would like some advice from the experts here. I have absolutely no experience with the Wrangler's and will be using the car for everyday use and not taking it off road. I've been trying to narrow down my must-have options and ran across the Moab special edition. I see that it has nearly everything that I want, but I'm a little concerned about the wheels/tires. If I want the smoothest ride possible with a Wrangler...am I correct in assuming I will not get that with the wheels/tires that come standard with the Moab? And if that's true, what are the best tires to have for a smooth pavement ride? And if it's not too much to ask, I'd love to hear input on the following as well:
1. 4 cylinder turbo versus 6: Is there a noticeable difference?
2. Selectrac 4wd: Pros and Cons of this versus standard option
3. Active Noise Control System: Does this really help?
Rock Slider with Step Assist versus regular running boards: I think I really want/need these in my life...would love to hear from those with experience.

Thank you all in advance for your insight!
I purchased the Moab and had the dealer switch tires with a Sahara that had the Wrangler tires and 18 inch rims. The stock tires were too loud for my taste (76yr old). They also switched the rock sliders with the same Sahara. The Moab comes standard with the Select Trac and other items. I did lower the air pressure in the tires fro 42 to 36 PSI. My off roading consists of country dirt roads that cross several streams.

Sponsored

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
You said utilitarian though, which would point towards utility rather than comfort.

Not that I would complain about those comfy pillow seats from the 70s and 80s though. :giggle:

cordoba.jpg
Ah yes, the Cordoba, and "fine Corinthian leather..." Now that's a way to roll!

Hellayalla22

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I love my MOAB and its off road capabilities. It's pretty comfy inside the mileage is good around 17mpg with 35 Nittos.

IMG_20200411_102548_055.jpg
Sponsored