Sponsored

New Jeep owner how soon can you use synthetic oils.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Am I required to explain in detail why a post is Fake News. Again, break in oil is not placed in a JL's 3.6 engine at engine assembly time or at the factory, plain and simple. Also, "moly" is not "added" as in poured in lets say.. Do your homework, I have..

"Incomplete information", you spew... .... actually, in most of my posts I give lots and lots of pertinent, relevant info.
Your original posts do not specify the 3.6 and the OP mentioned he had the 2.0. The first post only says two words. "Fake news" indeed considering the engine you're supposedly discussing wasn't being discussed at all. Sounds more like "back pedaling."

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Your original posts in the first thread do not specify the 3.6 and the OP mentioned he had the 2.0. It only says two words actually. "Fake news" indeed considering the engine you're supposedly discussing wasn't being discussed at all. Sounds more like "back pedaling."
@Strommen95

Gimme me a friggin break...

Can tell you that no engine assembled for the JL, regardless of whether 3.6 or 2.0 comes with a special added "breaK in motor oil". SO, yes, FAKE NEWS, if someone says break in oil is placed in a JL engine at the time the JL is engine is assembled or after at the factory.

2020Sport

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport 2 door Bikini Pearl

Sponsored

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Man, I’m not old, but I must be stubborn. I could never do that.
Same boat. Toyota told me 10K for changes in the Tacoma and I didn't even trust that. 25K is a bridge way, way too far for me.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I work at a CDJR/GM dealership. I have seen many vehicles come in that the customer waited for the oil life monitor to tell them to change the oil, and they have regretted it. I don't care what they say, and what tests they do. Clean oil is the life of your engine. It's simple PM to change it every 3,000-5,000 miles. I'm sure a lot of people can say they have gone 10,000 miles, and not a single problem. That may be true, but that's the same as saying "I know a 90 year old man that smoked til the day he died". Always an exception, but for the majority of engines I say 5,000 is the max. That's for a gas engine, btw. As for "break in oil". They haven't used that for years in cars. The Wrangler, as with all CDJR/GM vehicles come with they oil they recommend you put in them.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
This is why I love this place and it's the ultimate Jeep forum. Nobody here truly goes apeshit about Trump this or Democrat that, but when it to comes Broncos, 392s, and now to synthetic oil, shit gets fucking real.
If it wasn't for Trump we would not have Hemi's. TRUMP CREATED THE HEMI! MAGA really means MORE HEMIS!

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Man, I’m not old, but I must be stubborn. I could never do that.
But you're not an Amsoil distributor like 2020Sport is. ;)

Later,
Johnny
Sponsored