Sponsored

New Jeep owner how soon can you use synthetic oils.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well I'll be damned. According to my buddy that's an engineer at one of the Japanese automakers doing engine testing, when asked about "break in oil" he said...

"no, the oil is regular oil, but the amount of moly that gets coated on parts during installation/construction "goes into" the oil and makes the break in compound"

And suggested leaving the factory fill until the first interval.

If that's their stance, I would assume FCA has similar processes and perspective.
@InvertedLogic

Your buddy has given you the correct gist of it....

My "Fake News" comment earlier was in reply to the comment that break in oil was placed in the JL's, 3.6 engine, which is not at all true....
Sponsored

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
No i think its more the original question is stupid... why would you ask if its okay to put synthetic oil when if you take 30seconds to do a quick search youd realize it came from the factory that way.
I have seen you respond this way more than once now in a short period of time. You have a real disdain for people asking a question that they could dig and find their own answers on google huh?

You must spend a lot of your time pissed off if something so small wrecks your day.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everyone is full of shit except you. Must be comforting to know you’re the only one that‘S got all the answers. If someone disagrees with you they are liars according to you.
Yes, actually it is indeed comforting.

Never called anyone here a "liar", even if they were spewing pure BS. I have and will post and say if info I read in a forum post is incorrect or fake news....

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
My thoughts and plan of action are to change oil when it hit's 1,000 miles.

New engines are dirty.

I used to build high performance race engines that cost north of one hundred thousand
and I would change the oil right away.

I also know some aviation engines run mineral oil for break in, but it's not likely the case in these Jeeps.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have seen you respond this way more than once now in a short period of time. You have a real disdain for people asking a question that they could dig and find their own answers on google huh?

You must spend a lot of your time pissed off if something so small wrecks your day.
The problem of people simply asking for basic information that could be found in the owners manual (or the shorter users guide) is that they show they just want instant gratification.

Encouraging people to teach themselves is a good thing, that millions of parents have clearly failed at.

Sponsored

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
The problem of people simply asking for basic information that could be found in the owners manual (or the shorter users guide) is that they show they just want instant gratification.

Encouraging people to teach themselves is a good thing, that millions of parents have clearly failed at.
I fully agree.

But to go to the length of getting wound up over it doesn't serve a person well either. There are so many more worthwhile things to see red over these days. Self preservation is a worthwhile cause. :)

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Yes, actually it is indeed comforting.

Never called anyone here a "liar", even if they were spewing pure BS. I have and will post and say if info I read in a forum post is incorrect or fake news....
Exactly. Calling someone wrong is a comment on the subject at hand. Calling someone a liar requires mind reading.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I fully agree.

But to go to the length of getting wound up over it doesn't serve a person well either. There are so many more worthwhile things to see red over these days. Self preservation is a worthwhile cause. :)
This is why I love this place and it's the ultimate Jeep forum. Nobody here truly goes apeshit about Trump this or Democrat that, but when it to comes Broncos, 392s, and now to synthetic oil, shit gets fucking real.

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
This is how I know this is the ultimate Jeep forum. Nobody here truly goes apeshit about Trump this or Democrat that, but when it to comes Broncos, 392s, and now to synthetic oil, shit gets fucking real.
Trump ordered a Bronco, Biden ordered a Pruis, Fauci ordered a Corona.....

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
@Rhinebeck01 , if you are so smart, why didn’t your first reply state the oil is the same, but the moly is added? Rather then just argue and state “fake news”? You contribute nothing, but negativity and incomplete information. Why did you come back?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01 , if you are so smart, why didn’t your first reply state the oil is the same, but the moly is added? Rather then just argue and state “fake news”? You contribute nothing, but negativity and incomplete information. Why did you come back?
Am I required to explain in detail why a post is Fake News. Again, break in oil is not placed in a JL's 3.6 engine at engine assembly time or at the factory, plain and simple. Also, "moly" is not "added" as in poured in lets say.. Do your homework, I have..

"Incomplete information", you spew... .... actually, in most of my posts I give lots and lots of pertinent, relevant info.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
The molybdenum isn't intentionally added. Spoon feeding people information does not encourage learning, though to be fair neither does whatever this thread is.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Am I required to explain in detail why a post is Fake News. Again, break in oil is not placed in a JL's 3.6 engine at engine assembly time or at the factory, plain and simple. Also, "moly" is not "added" as in poured in lets say.. Do your homework, I have..

Incomplete information .... actually, in most of my posts I give lots and lots of pertinent, relevant info.
Splitting hairs and completely unnecessary And doesn’t help anyone. Original question was, when should he change his first oil, and all you addressed was your opportunity to respond negatively, and ignored the question
Sponsored