Sponsored

New Jeep Order

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
I'm low-tech senior and had 2012 JKU for six years. Thinking about another but want V6 and auto but no eTorque. Heard rumors and it seems I can build the Sport or Sport S with V6, auto, and no eTorque. If true, that would be great. Not too worried about auxiliary battery for ESS...had one 8 years in my wife's Mercedes GLK....just don't want eTorque and its complicated components. Can someone let me know if I am understanding correctly? Also, only Sport and Sport S seem to accept the combo I'm looking for, none of the other Wrangler models.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I'm low-tech senior and had 2012 JKU for six years. Thinking about another but want V6 and auto but no eTorque. Heard rumors and it seems I can build the Sport or Sport S with V6, auto, and no eTorque. If true, that would be great. Not too worried about auxiliary battery for ESS...had one 8 years in my wife's Mercedes GLK....just don't want eTorque and its complicated components. Can someone let me know if I am understanding correctly? Also, only Sport and Sport S seem to accept the combo I'm looking for, none of the other Wrangler models.
I think the only way to get the 3.6 without eTorque is if you order a manual transmission. This was as of the last order guide. Things can change anytime. I have a feeling parts shortages will influence this more in the near future? There seem to be growing delays not related to ESS or eTorque for orders now.

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Willys 4xe, '17 Subaru Crosstrek
You can custom order a Sport S/ Altitude with the regular 3.6 (no eTorque) and AT. I just got a dealer quote with that combo. Not sure about the other trim packages.
Sponsored