DynoMax Exhaust

DynoMax Exhaust

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wangler
And you can sell that rear muffler too. :)
So you are correct. The cut out is a lot more and not as an easy install either.

Not IMO, was only $99 and I got rid of this, looks factory, mounts up in 20 minutes and sounds very good at all rpms (again, IMO). Plus, at least from the looks of it, you will still need to provide piping from the cutout on back to eliminate exhaust from exiting under the floor boards when you're running in bypass mode.

100_4063.JPG
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
And you can sell that rear muffler too. :)
So you are correct. The cut out is a lot more and not as an easy install either.
Probably keep it so whenever I have to resell it the new owner has the option.

And FWIW big hats-off to Dynomax for getting this right vs. the Flowmaster version. The expanded pipe section where it clamps to the OEM pipe is as snug fitting as the JL muffler, not oversized nor too tight, just a perfect mount there. And for those wondering if it's got an objectionable tone during avg. cruising speeds (the lower rpm 2500 or less) you really don't even notice it.

So it's really a home-run~
~It's very reasonable priced.
~Fits as it should, looks factory as far as the way the exhaust exits and hangs.
~Sounds almost stock for low rpm cruising w/ no in-cabin drone or rasp.
~Has a nice deeper open tone when getting on the pedal, greatly improves the V6 tone which IMO really enhances the driving experience.
~Removes that huge beer keg muffler for less weight and much more clearance in back.

OP
OP
DynoMax Exhaust

DynoMax Exhaust

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wangler
It says right in the description it fits :)
SO yes it fits

Does this fit the 2.0T or no? I thought it didn’t, but this site says otherwise. Is the axelback setup different from the 3.6 & 2.0?

1E5B9D9B-61FD-409B-9439-BC113CBE3191.png

mlebofsky

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon softtop
Occupation
Director, DoD
Although I have not tested it, based on my JK experience, I am surprised most say there is no in the cabin acceleration drone.
Has anyone with a 2dr soft top tried a muffler eliminator pipe?

OP
OP
DynoMax Exhaust

DynoMax Exhaust

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wangler
Keep in mind the transmission is different between the two.
But I have not heard this on a 2 door, soft top yet.
Matt

Although I have not tested it, based on my JK experience, I am surprised most say there is no in the cabin acceleration drone.
Has anyone with a 2dr soft top tried a muffler eliminator pipe?

Sponsored

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
OP
OP
DynoMax Exhaust

DynoMax Exhaust

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wangler
Gotcha!

I was just making sure because a lot of sites only have it showing that it’s only for the 3.6L with no 2.0T option such as on Quadratec:

5A634753-9BF3-4CA9-89D6-BBBE3FFEFE03.png

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I put in my order at Summit Racing. Looking forward to deleting that suitcase muffler. If this makes the exhaust too loud, I’ll replace the resonator with something a bit more restrictive. This was primarily for aesthetics.

OP
OP
DynoMax Exhaust

DynoMax Exhaust

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wangler
So from what I have heard is that front resonator is a pretty "open' muffler style, so if you need something down the road, let us know. The Ultra Flo Welded has a few in a round that might work. I don't know the dimensions on that front resonator.

I put in my order at Summit Racing. Looking forward to deleting that suitcase muffler. If this makes the exhaust too loud, I’ll replace the resonator with something a bit more restrictive. This was primarily for aesthetics.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Look forward to your impressions, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how easy this is to live with, and nice to have that extra volume if you want to turn it up a bit now & then :)

Sponsored

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
So from what I have heard is that front resonator is a pretty "open' muffler style, so if you need something down the road, let us know. The Ultra Flo Welded has a few in a round that might work. I don't know the dimensions on that front resonator.
I’ll let y’all know. I can provide dimensions on it if I decide to swap it out. Thanks again.

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Look forward to your impressions, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how easy this is to live with, and nice to have that extra volume if you want to turn it up a bit now & then :)
I just don’t want it to have that “ricer” sound. A little deeper would be nice, but I don’t want that distinct mosquito hum that ricers have when cruising or that high pitched skreech when they gun it.

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Installed the Dynomax muffler delete today on my 2.0T. & overall it sounds better. A bit deeper & slightly more sporty sound (but not ricer) at higher rpm. There is a bit more drone over stock at about 1800-2500 rpms. It’s not bad, but I may put a larger resonator in place of the stock one to kill all drone. Overall, I’m happy & the rear looks much better without that giant muffler.

Hibypass

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I had the pipe on mine and the wife doesn’t like the sound, so.....it’s for sale if anyone wants it. $50 + your shipping or local pickup.
E5055802-585E-4417-884C-881885414C66.jpeg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.