First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The Jeep JL® Muffler Elimination Pipe makes quick and easy work of removing your vehicle’s muffler. This muffler elimination pipe is easy to install, and delivers a deep performance tone.

It is manufactured with mandrel bent, Stainless Steel pipe that will last for years to come. The Jeep JL Muffler Elimination Pipe is engineered to provide optimal ground clearance along with an improvement in horsepower & torque. This kit is designed to function with aftermarket suspension systems and frame/body protection accessories.

• Straight through design ensures unrestricted exhaust flow and reduces back pressure 2.5-in.
  • Mandrel bent Stainless Steel tubing for lifelong protection
  • Engineered for high groundclearance
  • Provides increased sound and tone.

jlwrangler_39537_sell.jpg

DSC00536.JPG
Looks like a new purchase for Brutus! Just need to find a retailer with the lowest price. Looking forward to the video as well.
Sponsored

INTENSEcretAgent

First Name
Intense
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

Just need to find a retailer with the lowest price.
Any group buy or coupon code for forum members? (or just go find at retailers?) Any recommended retailers?

Been waiting for since seeing at SEMA. Ready to buy today for early Christmas! ;]

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will it fit the 2 door ?
Thanks
It’s designed for the 2 or 4 door. It installs over the axle and uses the muffler hanger on the driver’s side. The passenger hanger is no longer relevant after install.

Sponsored

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Is this likely to sound like a 6 cylinder Mustang with an aftermarket exhaust? I would prefer my JL with a bit more sound but sometimes the smaller engines sound a bit pathetic. Hope we have a soundclip soon

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
I'd pay for it!

You might want to get your ears checked...
Exactly!! I have the Flowmaster muffler delete on my JLR; no way does it sound like a high strung raspy Honda Civic 4 cylinder. When someone compares it to a completely different engine; it's time to visit a Dr.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
It seems like a cost effective approach for an aftermarket exhaust. I wonder though what impact it has on torque down low in the powerband. Catbacks and/or axlebacks can decrease torque or slightly shift the powerband to the right. I don’t want that on my Jeep that already suffers from soft torque delivery down low.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Do we think it matters that it exits on the driver side ? i really like the pipe , the design , the company. but I’m on the fence about this left-hand exit.
It would be the first vehicle I ever owned with a left exit pipe.
Thoughts ?

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Exactly!! I have the Flowmaster muffler delete on my JLR; no way does it sound like a high strung raspy Honda Civic 4 cylinder. When someone compares it to a completely different engine; it's time to visit a Dr.
I'm just telling you what EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO HEARD IT SAID. My wife refused to drive my Jeep while it was on. She said it was embarassing. Enough so that she said, "I don't care what you spend on new exhaust, get something else and get rid of that stupid muffler" (she doesn't know what it was). All of my Jeep friends pretty much said the same thing. They give me endless crap about it. I replaced it with the AFE Rockbasher 3" exhaust and it sounds much better now. If anyone in the DFW area wants the FlowMaster piece, I'll sell it for $75. It was only on the Jeep for about 2 weeks and is still shiny.

Sponsored

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
I'm just telling you what EVERY SINGLE PERSON WHO HEARD IT SAID. My wife refused to drive my Jeep while it was on. She said it was embarassing. Enough so that she said, "I don't care what you spend on new exhaust, get something else and get rid of that stupid muffler" (she doesn't know what it was). All of my Jeep friends pretty much said the same thing. They give me endless crap about it. I replaced it with the AFE Rockbasher 3" exhaust and it sounds much better now. If anyone in the DFW area wants the FlowMaster piece, I'll sell it for $75. It was only on the Jeep for about 2 weeks and is still shiny.
To each and their friends; his own. Everyone has their own opinion and preference. Sonic beauty is in the ears of the beholder. I, and along with other people, were just stating; it doesn’t sound like a Honda Civic.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Do we think it matters that it exits on the driver side ? i really like the pipe , the design , the company. but I’m on the fence about this left-hand exit.
It would be the first vehicle I ever owned with a left exit pipe.
Thoughts ?
You ever hear of the acronym KISS? Simplicity means less cost and also in this case the shortest flow exit distance; resulting in less back pressure.

To get it to exit on the passenger side you would have to route a pipe across the width of the vehicle in the same location of the stock restrictive muffler. If you want it to exit on the passenger side, do nothing, it already does this as produced from the factory. There are also plenty of aftermarket exhausts that mimic the OEM design with less restrictive mufflers.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It seems like a cost effective approach for an aftermarket exhaust. I wonder though what impact it has on torque down low in the powerband. Catbacks and/or axlebacks can decrease torque or slightly shift the powerband to the right. I don’t want that on my Jeep that already suffers from soft torque delivery down low.
It’s after the catalytic converter so backpressure impact on torque is moot.

Have you looked at the extreme pipe bend before the suitcase muffler? Now that’s restrictive and robs top-end not to mention, when you eliminate the suitcase muffler, you save about 25lbs.

Speaking from experience this has been the best bang for the buck modification so far. Sounds great and runs better.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
It’s after the catalytic converter so backpressure impact on torque is moot.

Have you looked at the extreme pipe bend before the suitcase muffler? Now that’s restrictive and robs top-end not to mention, when you eliminate the suitcase muffler, you save about 25lbs.

Speaking from experience this has been the best bang for the buck modification so far. Sounds great and runs better.
I wish I would have known about this Dynomax muffler delete pipe. Could have saved myself $20.00 and the 2 extra hours aggravation in dealing with the poor fitting Flowmaster pipe. I purchased the Flowmaster about a week before Dynomax informed this forum about their new pipe.

My JLR definitely feels like it has been opened up; it breathes much better. Makes sense when you remove that constipated iron colon.

I haven’t looked at my MPG, I’m sure it will most likely improve.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wish I would have known about this Dynomax muffler delete pipe. Could have saved myself $20.00 and the 2 extra hours aggravation in dealing with the poor fitting Flowmaster pipe. I purchased the Flowmaster about a week before Dynomax informed this forum about their new pipe.

My JLR definitely feels like it has been opened up; it breathes much better. Makes sense when you remove that constipated iron colon.

I haven’t looked at my MPG, I’m sure it will most likely improve.
I spent $30 to have a muffler shop weld my Flowmaster on. Agreed, I’d of gone with the Dynomax too.

The Flowmaster chrome tip is hidden so if you’re paying for the bling you don’t get to see it!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.