New Jeep From Factory

softwareteacher

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I have been shopping for a new Jeep and found the dealer websites to be inaccurate and the salespeople unresponsive.

I noticed that some people indicate that you can order a jeep. Is this from the factory? Any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I have been shopping for a new Jeep and found the dealer websites to be inaccurate and the salespeople unresponsive.

I noticed that some people indicate that you can order a jeep. Is this from the factory? Any input would be appreciated.
Yes, sales people are notoriously bad. Check the forums for dealers in your area, or if you're willing to travel or have your Jeep shipped, there are lots of dealers that sell for under invoice.

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS

DaveDude

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue, 2021 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
I ordered a 2021 JLUR April 10th 2021, and it was delivered to the dealership on May 21st. Build your jeep on the Jeep website, print out the build, take it to the dealer of your choice to start the process. I used the information here https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/ to learn about the whole process. This was the best New vehicle buying experience I have ever had, and I have bought a lot of new cars. It was also the exact vehicle that I wanted. Sign up for Tread Lightly for $100, and get at least 1% under invoice when you purchase. Good luck.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Shop around...you are in Florida so dealers should be plentiful....go in person so they know you are serious. 3-4% below invoice is a decent deal

Sponsored

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
DaveDude said: "Sign up for Tread Lightly for $100, and get at least 1% under invoice when you purchase. Good luck." This is good advice; be sure to join Tread Lightly in advance of starting the purchase so your certificate will be in your hand when you finalize the deal.

From the Tread Lightly website: "Please note that according to FCA US policy, you must be an individual $100 member for at least 30 days to qualify for the FCA US Affiliate Rewards new vehicle discount and you must provide a copy of you membership letter to your dealer in order to use the discount."

I used this program earlier this year and was just a little short of the 30 days... the dealer let it slide because they wanted to sell the Wrangler.

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
If you can't find a dealer to accept the tread lightly. It might also be just as easy to use the Costco program. Which I believe it may just be at invoice price. And once you sign up. build your Jeep.. Costco then send the email to participating dealers who will then send you an email or they may just recommended dealer and they person at a specific dealership who will accept their plan.
I had problems with three dealerships in my area I was pretty disappointed.. the configurator is actually the biggest problem. Where they have options you can select that your Jeep may actually already come with them standard. So when the average sales person tries to build your Jeep they get puzzled. A good thing to study is those order guides. And learn what is the standard equipment. Something else to remember is financing in final price can change while your vehicle is being built. I believe the price can't be known until the actual window sticker is printed. Good luck

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr

Ordering from the factory does not mean you can order directly from the factory, you still have to go through a dealer. This means you will probably have to give a deposit and agree on a sales price at the time you order. trainman

Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Jupiter Florida
I'm a couple of hours north of you in Melbourne. I used Anthony at Gator Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep. They had a pretty decent deal and I ordered my JLUR from them. Anthony was in touch with me every few days during the build and at one point said, I'm not sure who's more excited here. Overall great experience.

OP
OP

softwareteacher

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm a couple of hours north of you in Melbourne. I used Anthony at Gator Chrysler Dodge Ram Jeep. They had a pretty decent deal and I ordered my JLUR from them. Anthony was in touch with me every few days during the build and at one point said, I'm not sure who's more excited here. Overall great experience.
Thank you... Melbourne is not out of the question.
Sponsored