New Jeep find today

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Ok let me start by saying I’m not great at taking delivery on vehicles. Sign, jump in and drive. Terrible I know, I know. But, sometimes kinda cool you find things as you go. I’ve owned many vehicles over the years and all have had volume and channel change on the steering wheel. Didn’t have it on my new JLUR. Being my first Jeep figured just a Jeep thing not having them.
WHO KNEW, little taps behind the wheel. Actually like them better than any previous vehicle. Fun find, back up camera lines whole different story.
#firstworldproblems

Cheers🍻
Sponsored

Volstock

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
Ok let me start by saying I’m not great at taking delivery on vehicles. Sign, jump in and drive. Terrible I know, I know. But, sometimes kinda cool you find things as you go. I’ve owned many vehicles over the years and all have had volume and channel change on the steering wheel. Didn’t have it on my new JLUR. Being my first Jeep figured just a Jeep thing not having them.
WHO KNEW, little taps behind the wheel. Actually like them better than any previous vehicle. Fun find, back up camera lines whole different story.
#firstworldproblems

Cheers🍻
My 17 Renegade had them behind the wheel, when I picked up our 21 JLU I found them in the same spot.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Chrysler did it right 25 or so years ago when they first started putting them back there.

Sponsored

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
It’s very cool. Obviously my first “Chrysler” vehicle.
It really is very intuitive. Every time I drive the wife’s navigator I have to look down at the mess of buttons to figure it out.

PeeCeeJunior

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
My 17 Renegade had them behind the wheel, when I picked up our 21 JLU I found them in the same spot.
My daughter has a 19 Renegade and she loves the rear steering wheel control buttons.

Whenever I have to drive her vehicle I notice how cheap they feel compared to the Wrangler buttons. You wouldn't think they'd have 'nice' buttons and 'cheap' ones across different models, but apparently they do.

OP
OP
Odierub

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
It really is very intuitive. Every time I drive the wife’s navigator I have to look down at the mess of buttons to figure it out.
Yep. I had a 20 Aviator and went to the JLUR. Enjoyed the Lincoln, just wasn’t me. Great ride though…

OP
OP
Odierub

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Someone asked me the other day if I got the seat massagers in the Jeep. Told him yep everyone I put it in drive it activates. 😂Actually I still can’t believe how good the Jl rides and drives for what it is..

Sponsored

Ken Ztopolovky

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr stingray stick
LOL that must be generational thing I always reach for the radio volume knob first [or control panel call it what you want] and then I just have to make sure not to dial in CBC

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Haha. Yes, the FCA Stellantis volume controls are the best. Very intuitive and easy to use, and they don't get bumped by accident.
No space back there now to install shifter paddles like I did on my 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 darn it.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep find today Last

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep find today e.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep find today j.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep find today z 7.JPG

ArmannB

First Name
Armann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLUR 3.6
I do wish the volume and station controls were swapped. Being that the volume knob is on the left side of the radio already it doesn’t make a difference to me using the steering wheel control or that.

Little thing I’ve thought about opening the steering wheel and seeing if I can switch the two control panels.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
No space back there now to install shifter paddles like I did on my 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8 darn it.

NIce job, and looks really clean. Kudos to you for attempting that yourself.
Sponsored