Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Sorry if my "incredible ignorance" offended you, as my use of the phrase "chief bean counter" instead of CFO was meant jokingly and wasn't intended to disparage anyone in that field.
I wouldn't sweat it. I was a bean counter of sorts for a fair bit of my career. It paid reasonably well and allowed me to rub elbows with some pretty impressive folks. Used without ill intent, the term is a friendly and harmless appellation. :beer:
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The Harley remark was more of an off the hand remark, Polaris would be as likely a candidate.

Sad as it may seem, anything in the Stellantis North America portfolio is probably a white elephant right now.

If VW came to the rescue, they could put Ram and Jeep under Navistar. Scout would be the EV brand. Dodge and Chrysler would go away and few would shed a tear based on Stellantis’ plan. I doubt VW would want to make muscle cars. Hell, I doubt VW would consider buying.

One more 2009 type recession would spell doom for many auto manufacturers. The public wont stomach massive corporate bailouts again.

Ram and Jeep are the only brands left of Chrysler with any value. I believe the overlords in Amsterdam will make some big, painful changes in the not too distant future.
Based on Stellantis’ plan I couldn’t agree more. 1 ton PU shopping son said between Torque Management and the ancient 6 speed it would be a Ford- not alone per sales numbers, including me should my 95 Ram die. .Very happy with my 15 GC SRT, over priced under powered new ones don’t compare.- sales numbers agree. Dodge has handed pony car sales to Mustang, Charger WAS the only non import sedan I would consider . (only period ?) Wrangler sales down but not like other Jeep models , even adding 4K for the NA XR on my 21 a new one like it is ~12K more putting it out of reach— doubt if I’m alone. They better think fast.

Last edited:

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 392XR, ‘22 2dr 2.0T
The Harley remark was more of an off the hand remark, Polaris would be as likely a candidate.

Sad as it may seem, anything in the Stellantis North America portfolio is probably a white elephant right now.

If VW came to the rescue, they could put Ram and Jeep under Navistar. Scout would be the EV brand. Dodge and Chrysler would go away and few would shed a tear based on Stellantis’ plan. I doubt VW would want to make muscle cars. Hell, I doubt VW would consider buying.

One more 2009 type recession would spell doom for many auto manufacturers. The public wont stomach massive corporate bailouts again.

Ram and Jeep are the only brands left of Chrysler with any value. I believe the overlords in Amsterdam will make some big, painful changes in the not too distant future.
You are certainly on point with your perspective. The Ram brand has been separated from Dodge, JEEP brand groomed for sale, muscle cars ended at dodge with the factories closing, Chryslers last car gone with the dodges. That leaves the outdated Durango, terrible Chrysler van & the import hornet. That planned lineup is not a winner & by design. Sell off JEEP, Ram, MOPAR & the HEMI. Sell some real estate & run back home with the US taxpayers EV money. A big win for the Stellanits era.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Would any of you want to run an auto manufacturing business in our country these days? It doesn’t matter too much what customers want, it’s more what the govt allows to be built. It’s no wonder that so many vehicles look very similar. Between the EPA and the NHTSA, there is little left for the manufacturers to be creative or distinctive with. The rules these agencies establish are constantly changing, along with executive orders issued with little or no forethought. Not to mention tort actions and blowhard activism.

Now, one could go into a business building ”green” cars and sell them at a per unit loss, while making money hand over fist selling government issued carbon offset credits to the legacy ICE auto manufacturers. That’s our tax dollars folks.

That having been said, maybe Tesla would buy Jeep. Then Jeep wouldn't have to buy carbon offset credits and could be sold for 20-30% less. It could be those first foray into ICE vehicles. For all we know, he could be sitting on the sidelines waiting to buy up what's left of the Big 3 after they all go broke trying to build EVs.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Why are they faltering with a brand that sells itself?

I asked myself, installing hood struts today on my JLR, first, why do I have to install hood struts on a $66,000 jeep that would cost them maybe $2, second, why did they remove the engine cover to save probably 45 cents on the thing that says 3.6, because the threaded mounting inserts are still on the intake, and why do I have to install rugged ridge door sill guards that were on every jeep I have owned from the factory , but not this new 23?

I blame Europe.

Anyone know if a prior year engine cover would fit a 23 3.6? I want to get one and paint "Stellantis sucks" on it.

I am sure in the future, the stellantis years will be like the AMF years for Harley or AMC years for jeep.

Sponsored

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I’d love to see Mahindra pick up the brand. They know how to build a Jeep (Roxor). Make that puppy street legal and the “base” Jeep. Leave the JL’s as the “big” Jeep. Forget the whole “luxury” thing and focus on build quality and reliability. Set up a network of dealers who actually provide “service”. Todays JLU has more in common with an AMC era Wagoneer than it does with a CJ. Large luxury type rigs have their place, but so do reliable simple utility vehicles-and that latter IS what built the Jeep legend (a legend that Jeep’s been living on for decades now). Methinks it’s time for a reset. Make the Jeep “experience” actually BE something. Use dealerships that focus on enhancing the whole Jeep thing-enthusiasts running the sales and service depts. OEM support for “factory” component “builds” to make a Jeep what the customer wants his/her Jeep to be. A comfortable customer lounge where the owner can enter into the “experience”. (Think HD dealership-I don’t like their bikes but they have the whole ownership experience/lifestyle thing nailed). Oh well, wishful thinking I guess.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d love to see Mahindra pick up the brand. They know how to build a Jeep (Roxor). Make that puppy street legal and the “base” Jeep. Leave the JL’s as the “big” Jeep. Forget the whole “luxury” thing and focus on build quality and reliability. Set up a network of dealers who actually provide “service”. Todays JLU has more in common with an AMC era Wagoneer than it does with a CJ. Large luxury type rigs have their place, but so do reliable simple utility vehicles-and that latter IS what built the Jee legend that Jeep’s been living on for decades now). Methinks it’s time for a reset. Make the Jeep “experience” actually BE something. Use dealerships that focus on enhancing the whole Jeep thing-enthusiasts running the sales and service depts. OEM support for “factory” component “builds” to make a Jeep what the customer wants his/her Jeep to be. A comfortable customer lounge where the owner can enter into the “experience”. (Think HD dealership-I don’t like their bikes but they have the whole ownership experience/lifestyle thing nailed). Oh well, wishful thinking I guess.
Mahindra already makes Jeeps
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep CEO Named (Antonio Filosa) Amid Declining Sales. 27CEC361-7A56-4486-8504-DFBCF7A09466
or “Classic” essentially a 3B clone with a 63 HP I-4 diesel (discontinued 2010)
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep CEO Named (Antonio Filosa) Amid Declining Sales. 53D3DD79-6C8F-42EC-918C-E57C957EAE97
we just can’t get them here
Jeep Wrangler JL New Jeep CEO Named (Antonio Filosa) Amid Declining Sales. 321C8EA6-EAC0-4074-9851-40597488D37B
Angry Grilles available :LOL:

Last edited:

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
It's funny everyone preaching about a barebones Jeep. You can get this if you order it. You can have a Jeep with crank windows, manual locks, and manual transmission. People are continuously glossing over this. No arguments on finding one on a lot equipped that way. And why is that, because you all aren't buying them. There aren't many vehicles (are there any???) that still come with crank windows and manual locks.
Nobody wants to order. Everyone buys whats on the lots. FCA is incentivizing dealers to stock optioned-out models because they're higher margin so the effective result is - you can't get a bare-bones Jeep.

You can TECHNICALLY order bare-bones versions of MANY vehicles out there, but just try to ACTUALLY order one and see what happens. There is quite the discussion going on about this very subject in the GM truck forums right now in fact.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Looks like a good time to get rid of the Stop/Start crap, cure the DW, and look at IFS and some new motor options. Better pricing might help sales. How about 2-wheel drive options for the 4-door mall crawler models, OK, sorry, I went too far . M38 bill.
People are still crying about stop/start? Do they really find the defeat button that intimidating?

Dusty Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Ply Roadrunner, 2010 Challenger SRT
Nobody wants to order. Everyone buys whats on the lots. FCA is incentivizing dealers to stock optioned-out models because they're higher margin so the effective result is - you can't get a bare-bones Jeep.

You can TECHNICALLY order bare-bones versions of MANY vehicles out there, but just try to ACTUALLY order one and see what happens. There is quite the discussion going on about this very subject in the GM truck forums right now in fact.
X2

I ordered my Rubi in April and I’m still waiting. In the meantime, after losing 10K on my trade in during this wait, my other SUV died, forcing me to go buy another vehicle. My wife wanted a Subaru Outback. She wanted a low end model because they have electronics galore and are under 40K. I went through 8 dealers trying to find one. No dice. Most of the units coming in were already spoken for and the earliest I could get one was 4 weeks out. If I wanted a special order it was 8 weeks minimum.

There were all kinds of higher end models on every lot.

Sponsored

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
CFOs can go cry in their lexus after you call them bean counters. They'll be OK.

Need to be tougher than that if you want to be the CEO.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People are still crying about stop/start? Do they really find the defeat button that intimidating?
I would love a button or knob for MDS defeat like my GC has. I would thankfully and happily push it ! When the S/S button is eliminated as on many vehicles then you have a reason to cry .

4X4JOY

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Supra A91 CF Edition, Acura RDX
Clubs

Wagoneer is not selling well. Neither is the all-new Grand Cherokee, or Compass, or Renegade, or Gladiator, or Wrangler for that matter.

Apparently that’s the reason Stellantis axed Meunier.
The real reason why customers walk away from buying Jeep product is dealerships add market adjustment dollar amount on top of MSRP.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It’s not a matter of pushing the button. It’s the complication of the 2 battery system and all that goes with it. I’d say battery issues are among the chief complaints on this forum.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
The real reason why customers walk away from buying Jeep product is dealerships add market adjustment dollar amount on top of MSRP.
That’s not a Jeep policy. Dealers are doing that. But Jeep has the ability to reign the dealers in to a certain point. Ford had to do the same thing.
Sponsored