DedMeet

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hello All,

I bought my first Jeep a couple days ago. I have a 2019 Sahara Unlimited, The 4 Door version.. 2 quick questions. Last night was the first time I drove at night. I noticed my console lights were really dim at dusk.. I found the switch to turn up and down beside my headlight switch.. When I roll the switch upwards to increase the light level of my dash it turns the overhead lights on right away then the brightness of my dash starts to get brighter..

Question is how do I increase my dash brightness with out having my overhead light in speaker bar come on?

Thank you in advance!

-Justin
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Hello All,

I bought my first Jeep a couple days ago. I have a 2019 Sahara Unlimited, The 4 Door version.. 2 quick questions. Last night was the first time I drove at night. I noticed my console lights were really dim at dusk.. I found the switch to turn up and down beside my headlight switch.. When I roll the switch upwards to increase the light level of my dash it turns the overhead lights on right away then the brightness of my dash starts to get brighter..

Question is how do I increase my dash brightness with out having my overhead light in speaker bar come on?

Thank you in advance!

-Justin
There are two clicks when rolling the wheel upwards - first click is for full dash brightness, second click (top position) turns on the dome lights.

OP
OP

DedMeet

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are two clicks when rolling the wheel upwards - first click is for full dash brightness, second click (top position) turns on the dome lights.
When I start to roll upwards the first click is my overhead light.. then my brightness starts to increase.. all the way to top is full brightness but overhead light stays on..

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
When I start to roll upwards the first click is my overhead light.. then my brightness starts to increase.. all the way to top is full brightness but overhead light stays on..
The only way I could recreate what you're describing is when a door is open. If that dimmer is all the way down, when you open the door the overhead light stays off. All other positions it will stay on.

If you're sure that your doors are all closed, could be a wiring/computer issue.

OP
OP

DedMeet

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only way I could recreate what you're describing is when a door is open. If that dimmer is all the way down, when you open the door the overhead light stays off. All other positions it will stay on.

If you're sure that your doors are all closed, could be a wiring/computer issue.
I was thinking the same.. I have 2 other dodge vehicles and all of those dimmers work the same.. thought it was something new with Jeep.. Gonna go by dealership tomorrow and see what they say..

Thank you
Sponsored