Sponsored

New Item on my screen

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
So now after my Jeep downloaded the new update on my screen it's now showing the shift numbers on my manual as I drive. You can see from the picture it's now in neutral. Does anybody know why>
Jeep Wrangler JL New Item on my screen 83F39058-CB17-4A51-B4E5-AB9FF2A6DDEA
Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I know there is a setting for that along with what gear. the transmission is in. you access it through the cluster setup menu to turn it on and off. the update might have just turned it on. stat scrolling through the options and settings for the cluster

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
That indicates that the clutch recall has been completed. The resolution is a software fix, it uses an algorithm that predicts what the temperature of the clutch and friction plates would be based on the driving habits of the driver and variables like rev hang. If the suspected temperature supersedes the allowable temperature, the Jeep will transition into limp mode to avoid catastrophic failure of the clutch and hopefully, not burning the Jeep down.

Here is the Service Recall Bulletin: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCLRPT-21V028-2204.PDF

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...uals-overheating-clutch-pressure-plate.47887/

Tons of threads on this issue here.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
stoowie

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I know there is a setting for that along with what gear. the transmission is in. you access it through the cluster setup menu to turn it on and off. the update might have just turned it on. stat scrolling through the options and settings for the cluster
I spent a half hour looking through the settings and can't find it. However one of the guys in the group said it appears when the manual trans safety recall Y-07 was done and yesterday it was done

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Where can I see that in the manual? And does that mean I can shut it off. To me it's annoying
https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/servicemanuals/jeep/2018-wrangler.pdf

Start at page 186.

Screen Setup
Push and release the up or down arrow button until the Screen Setup Menu Icon/Title is highlighted in the instrument cluster display. Push and release the OK button to enter the sub-menus and follow the prompts on the screen as needed. The Screen Setup feature allows you to change what information is displayed in the instrument cluster as well as the location that information is displayed.

OP
OP
stoowie

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
https://cdn.dealereprocess.org/cdn/servicemanuals/jeep/2018-wrangler.pdf

Start at page 186.

Screen Setup
Push and release the up or down arrow button until the Screen Setup Menu Icon/Title is highlighted in the instrument cluster display. Push and release the OK button to enter the sub-menus and follow the prompts on the screen as needed. The Screen Setup feature allows you to change what information is displayed in the instrument cluster as well as the location that information is displayed.
thank U

Sponsored

OP
OP
stoowie

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
That would drive me nuts. Hope this isn't part of the recall I haven't done yet.
I have had it now for two days and truthfully is nothing to be concerned about

JDJL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 6spd
I got the Y07 recall done yesterday and thankfully, that gear indicator doesn't appear on my cluster. It might make sense on a motorcycle, but not a manual car, truck, or Jeep.

buzzdoc

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WranglerUnlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Glorified plumber
I got the Y07 recall done yesterday and thankfully, that gear indicator doesn't appear on my cluster. It might make sense on a motorcycle, but not a manual car, truck, or Jeep.
I actually like the gear indicator as I am teaching a 16 yo, a 13 yo, and a 45 yo to drive the Jeep. It helps me to make sure they changed into the correct gear without watching their hands. Give them that info as well.
Sponsored