Ellbee

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Granite, 2004 Jeep Unlimited LJ Black
C436C293-0FE2-446A-9CE5-0004EA72C759.jpeg
Started Jeep backed out of garage. Got out to adjust air in tires, motor running, A/C on. Heard noisy fan kick on and heard something funny. Looked under and saw something leaking on driveway. Shut motor off, popped hood noticed something had busted. Noticed Power Steering reservoir low, but could not find leak. Will take to dealer in am. Must be a hose or connection.

OK, I feel like a 60 year old Dumb A**. Looks like some water was trapped in engine comp and when mega cooling fan came on it made a hella noise when it picked up the water. Res was not low on fluid, just could not see in low light. :whew:
Sponsored

Last edited:

BartC

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon, 13JK Rubicon
Watch out how you make fun of a 60-year old dumb a$$. Being one, I can say that. Have had similar issues in the past, on a variety of Jeeps, and realized a long time ago to first touch, look and smell the fluid before thinking it’s an issue. And of course, look up to see if there is any other residue anywhere on the under-hood components.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
If you are feeling dumb, my bud took his Jeep to the dealer because the air conditioning was not blowing as hard or as cold as it did when it was new. His cabin filter was completely packed and weighed 4 pounds.......... They replaced the cabin filter and all was good.
Sponsored