Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Executive
Vehicle Showcase
I have a new 2018 JLUR, at 700 miles I had a lift, 35’s and Fuel Beasts put on (18’s). I used a reputable company in Atlanta (Fortec). They reused my TPMS’s in the new setup. Since then I have put 700 more miles on it and it keeps throwing an alarm for the TPMS in the left rear and right front. They said they checked them all again, and they checked out good. Said it may be an ECM. Does this sound right? It is getting annoying to have a $60k Jeep that throws alarms non stop with 1,400 miles.

A49DCEF1-7301-4259-8E48-2C8FB49C8885.jpeg

A4D78AE6-0303-4E0E-8A90-32EDEE937B3F.jpeg

4EA8C2A9-5D03-4D64-8C3B-2B70E295483C.jpeg
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I had kinda the same issue but they were aftermarket TPMS sensors, the Vendor sent a different set and they worked fine but took about a day to sync, not sure what the problem is but may be where the sensor sits in the new wheel and if it has a really high negative offset it may be pushing it back to far from the module that reads them, you can take your Jeep to a Discount Tire and they can scan each wheel to ensure it’s sending out a signal

OP
OP
GraniteRubiGA

GraniteRubiGA

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Executive
Vehicle Showcase
I had kinda the same issue but they were aftermarket TPMS sensors, the Vendor sent a different set and they worked fine but took about a day to sync, not sure what the problem is but may be where the sensor sits in the new wheel and if it has a really high negative offset it may be pushing it back to far from the module that reads them, you can take your Jeep to a Discount Tire and they can scan each wheel to ensure it’s sending out a signal
That’s the crazy part, I have the same fuel beast that so many on here have. My shop scanned and said they are good. Hell if I know! :headbang:

bwilliam79

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150, 2018 JLUR
We have 17" Fuel Beasts with 35s and have the intermittent TPMS dropout issue. Mostly happens on the right rear, but we've seen it on all tires except the left rear. We have taken it to the tire shop who installed the wheels and tires twice, but the issue persists. We also took it in to the dealer just to have things checked out and as expected, they said they won't do anything about it since it's aftermarket tires and wheels. If anyone comes up with a replacement TPMS that actually solves the problem, I'd love to know about it.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Since the Jeep has been lifted and it’s wearing aftermarket wheels and tires I doubt the dealer will address so you can either try a different set of sensors or get a programmer and turn the system off.
Sponsored