Sponsored

Would you add vinyl flooring and/or vinyl seats to your Wrangler build, irrespective of trim level?

• Vinyl flooring

• Vinyl seats

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Had an FJ once upon a time, it had the vinyl-type floor. Actually seemed not as easy to clean as carpet and slush mats. Also, during the winter, that thing never seemed to warm up inside.
Sponsored

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
I voted flooring, but I might think twice after thinking about the price, depending on whether it was better than the armorlite. The armorlite was not hard or time consuming for me to install, and I truly love the mod to the jeep. So the mopar vinyl floor would have to be way better than the armorlite for me to consider it for more money.

Deleted member 59498

It looks like it is armorlite, which is about 700 dollars. 295 for install really is not that much in my opinion and would not be adverse to buying it if I wanted that type of flooring.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
It looks like it is armorlite, which is about 700 dollars. 295 for install really is not that much in my opinion and would not be adverse to buying it if I wanted that type of flooring.
That was my thought, to have it straight from the factory it's worth the money (it will be a bit less with 7% below invoice pricing), although Armorlite runs 10% off deals too. Agree on the vinyl seats too, although I've sat in them in the Bronco and they definitely aren't bad, but I haven't lived with them day in and day out in the southeast with heat and humidity. I'm thinking Bartact seat covers are still the way to go.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
That would explain why it's not available on the 2-door (Armorlite still doesn't have anything other than fronts). If so, that's a pretty cool option and the pricing isn't too out of line. Though factoring in the cost of install likely doesn't deduct the cost of carpet install and cost of the carpeting itself.

If this was available for the 2-door, I likely would've ordered it.

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
Floors should be vinyl.
Seats should be cotton.

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
My 4runner has heated vinyl seats. Works great. Prefer carpet flooring for the heat reduction and sound deadening.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I always liked the idea of weather proofing the interior!!!

When I had a JK for 13 years, at some point I ripped out all the carpeting (after it started stinking from repeated rain getting in after leaving jeep open when probably shouldn’t have) and used those Quadratec weather proof Mats throughout. I used it like this as a daily driver for a professional job… ha ha. I liked it better without the carpeting.

Are the vinyl floors like those spray in floors? Trying to picture it.

I am not sure I can picture what vinyl seats look like. I like waterproof, (1) are they really, and (2) at what expense? I like the basic safety features package. How about comfort? (Sweat, temperature)
I did that about 6 months into the 15 years I had a JK. Armorlite is far superior to just the Quadratec mats, it covers under the seats as well and is sloped/channeled to push sand/dirt, etc. to the drain valves. A much better solution.

The issue with the Quadratec mats is that inevitably water/sand/dirt get in the spots in between and corrode away the inside.

Wraif

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 2-door manual Rubicon, 09 JKU
Now evident on the Jeep configurator site are two new options:

Black vinyl floor covering for $995.00; and
Heavy duty vinyl seats for $1,695.00.

It's nice that Stellantis has decided to finally make available what was for many years the standard fitments for vehicles with what we might refer to as utility-grade interiors. They're charging us for the privilege, natch.

So: Would you add either or both new options to your Wrangler build? I'd want both.

Edit: A spot check revealed said options appear to be limited to the JLUs at this time.
Sorry, I actually like my cloth seats in my Rubicon. And if the carpet starts to bother me, I’ll pull it and do a spray on bed liner interior.
Just like I’ve done for my door sills, black Flex Seal will hide any damage. On my 09 JKU, cause it’s that really light blue, I’m gonna do that one in clear Flex Seal.
It’s durable, and easy to touch up, so why not do the whole floor ?

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Personally, nearly $300 is not worth having it installed from the factory. The install took me all of an hour. Not to mention the price, financed, will also cost you more because of interest. No thanks.

My 4runner has heated vinyl seats. Works great. Prefer carpet flooring for the heat reduction and sound deadening.
The vinyl armorlite flooring reduces heat and noise over that of the carpet.

Sponsored

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
A durable all-weather vinyl seating option would be a no-brainer for many of us here.

Heck, I’d take cop-style puke-resistant plastic seats in the rear; I’m never sitting back there…bonus for the cuff cutouts in seat backs.
a no carpet vinyl option makes sense, only issue on seats i have heard from bronco owners is "Swamp arse" , i guess you could put a towel cover on in summer?

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Do we have pics of the vinyl flooring? Is it just rebranded Amorlite?

djxizodu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door
Vinyl is the worst material that has ever been created by man.

Vinyl floors are dirty 100% of the time and can never be cleaned up fully. Ever.

Vinyl seats are proof the devil exists and he will make you sit on them when you get to hell. Literally awful. Easily torn. cold as fuck in the winter. Hot as fuck in the summer. And not even water proof if they have any stitching, and will somehow manage to hold water for forever while smelling like shit.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Amazing that we've come to the point where vinyl is an option that costs money. This is some low class bs fleecing by Stellantis. Should just be a FREE option for all trims ffs