Sponsored

Would you add vinyl flooring and/or vinyl seats to your Wrangler build, irrespective of trim level?

• Vinyl flooring

• Vinyl seats

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Now evident on the Jeep configurator site are two new options:

Black vinyl floor covering for $995.00; and
Heavy duty vinyl seats for $1,695.00.

It's nice that Stellantis has decided to finally make available what was for many years the standard fitments for vehicles with what we might refer to as utility-grade interiors. They're charging us for the privilege, natch.

So: Would you add either or both new options to your Wrangler build? I'd want both.

Edit: A spot check revealed said options appear to be limited to the JLUs at this time.
And it appears you cannot have the Black Vinyl flooring with either of the safety groups. If you have either of those groups selected and then select the Vinyl flooring, it removes the safety groups. If you then select either of the safety groups, it removes the flooring...
Sponsored

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
These should both be standard options across the entire lineup.

Traditionalists are getting railed... Half doors, vinyl seats... That'll be be extra $4,000. Oh wait, sorry, we don't offer that to 2-door buyers. But hey, look at that touch-screen radio you didn't ask for!

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
?
The $995 black vinyl floor covering option is available for the Willys Sport and the Willys (JLUs). The configurator images display standard carpeting for both trims.
I see what you mean. Interesting. Part of the Willys package when I factory ordered mine were the all weather floor mats. I used the wrong terminology originally as they really are just floor mats, but molded in a way to cover the entire area under foot in both front and back. So I wonder if you get this on top of the vinyl covering or how that works now? Or maybe they did away with all weather floor mats. On my Monroney sticker under the 23W package are the "All-Weather Floor Mats by Mopar". Now you have me curious if you can have both.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)

It's nice that Stellantis has decided to finally make available what was for many years the standard fitments for vehicles with what we might refer to as utility-grade interiors. They're charging us for the privilege, natch.

So: Would you add either or both new options to your Wrangler build? I'd want both.

Edit: A spot check revealed said options appear to be limited to the JLUs at this time.
Day-umšŸ˜³. $2700 for a ā€œbaseā€ interior option? Thatā€™s insane. That ā€œshouldā€ be THE stock trim, with the fancy stuff being the ā€œoptionā€. Whoā€™d a thunk youā€™d have to pay extra for a base modelšŸ™„

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
Vinyl flooring/Armorlite from the factory throughout the vehicle
I see what you mean. Interesting. Part of the Willys package when I factory ordered mine were the all weather floor mats. I used the wrong terminology originally as they really are just floor mats, but molded in a way to cover the entire area under foot in both front and back. So I wonder if you get this on top of the vinyl covering or how that works now? Or maybe they did away with all weather floor mats. On my Monroney sticker under the 23W package are the "All-Weather Floor Mats by Mopar". Now you have me curious if you can have both.
Yeah, you can't have mats on top of Armorlite, so same with this (which is more than likely Armorlite). It would be pointless to have them and pretty dangerous.

It's really for 2 different approaches, if you want all weather mats with carpet, you may occasionally put dirt, water or mud inside. If you want an entire vinyl flooring which can be sprayed out, you are constantly in sand, dirt, mud, etc.

Sponsored

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
Stellantis is doing everything they can to make sure I never buy another Jeep again. Vinyl certainly does have its utility, but at $2700 they can stick it in their ass.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Armorlite is still cheaper, and likely better!
Except for that Armorlite doesn't currently cover the rear cargo area on JL

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU

I wouldn't pay that much for what was standard in every entry level car - and I forgot there was a reason we all had beach towels in our cars - so your skin didn't stick/burn to the seats in the summer....

Last edited:

jollyjerry

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Willys Sport, 89 CRX Si, 90 Buick Reatta
I'd want both, but not at those prices. Bronco Black Diamond offers it. I hope the fresh competition pushes the next generation in positive ways, but my guess is that product specification is already finalized.

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I always liked the idea of weather proofing the interior!!!

When I had a JK for 13 years, at some point I ripped out all the carpeting (after it started stinking from repeated rain getting in after leaving jeep open when probably shouldnā€™t have) and used those Quadratec weather proof Mats throughout. I used it like this as a daily driver for a professional jobā€¦ ha ha. I liked it better without the carpeting.

Are the vinyl floors like those spray in floors? Trying to picture it.

I am not sure I can picture what vinyl seats look like. I like waterproof, (1) are they really, and (2) at what expense? I like the basic safety features package. How about comfort? (Sweat, temperature)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

Vinyl seats just suck, I have to deal with them in the company trucks. They're clingy and pull my jacket/shirt up when I sit down and all of a sudden I've got freezing cold/melting hot vinyl pressed right on my skin...

No way I'd pay extra for that...

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
I have a Transit 350 passenger van with vinyl flooring. It is the greatest. We clean it with a leaf blower. But Ford made it as a $0 option, which is really what it should be. You just pick which you want. If anything, it seems like it should be cheaper than a decent carpet