Sponsored

New Hood Spotted (seen before on Rubi)

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Looks like an Export JLU Sahara. Using the same hood spotted on Rubicons tested in New Zealand. Could this possibly be the steel hood meant for export models? Looks a lot better than the US Sahara hood, IMO.

Sponsored

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
1. I like the hood vents on turbo JL hoods

2. I like the raised center air channel on this hood

3. I hate that the JL hood is so flat, makes the trajectory of the JK hood look more modern than the JL's

4. Why couldn't jeep keep the same JK hood angle and add these dope venting options ?

#FCAFAIL - Mark Allen. This dude's masculinity is threatened by sexy hood lines. Had to flatten it out.... otherwise. IT WOULDNT BE PRUDENT !

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
I hate the, "turbo hood" vs the new JL Rubi hood. If I was stuck between 2.0L vs 3.6L I'd choose 3.6L just because of the hood, hopefully it doesn't come to US.

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Aventus, the Wrangler is universally appealing because it holds the line on tradition. It was a good decision to bring the hood back to being flat.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
#FCAFAIL - Mark Allen. This dude's masculinity is threatened by sexy hood lines. Had to flatten it out.... otherwise. IT WOULDNT BE PRUDENT !
Pretty sure Mark Allen has a box for legitimate comments/suggestions. The other is marked Aventus which just get thrown into the shredder.

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Aventus, the Wrangler is universally appealing because it holds the line on tradition. It was a good decision to bring the hood back to being flat.
i get all that as part of its appeal ? But seriously, was the JK simply too much change ? TOO SEXY ? Too aerodynamic ? GTFOH
How old are you ?

Cal_JLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future JLU
I dig the flat hood on this JLU Sahara. Has that subtle old school hood cowl going on.

OP
OP

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I personally much prefer this (what I’m assuming is) the export hood. The first uncovered JL that was spied had this hood in that leaked factory photo.

EAE25797-67BA-4193-A5BA-743DF18D959A.jpeg

The flat look is really cool imo
Sponsored