JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
If I were you, I'd be pulling the trigger ASAP. The rumored price increase is exactly that; a rumor. However, I can tell you that from the time we ordered our 2021 JLU Willys to now, the MSRP for the exact same build has increased by $2,130. That price increase has brought ZERO additional features for the exact same model year. Time is not your friend right now.
Sounds like they already did the major price increase. Not saying it won't go up a little more. But if they increased it by that much ready to offset inflation I can't see then upping it another $2k. JMO.
Sponsored

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
If I were you, I'd be pulling the trigger ASAP. The rumored price increase is exactly that; a rumor. However, I can tell you that from the time we ordered our 2021 JLU Willys to now, the MSRP for the exact same build has increased by $2,130. That price increase has brought ZERO additional features for the exact same model year. Time is not your friend right now.
Agreed. We’re not going to see the prices ratchet back through heavy discounting and rebates until inventory exceeds demand, and we’re not going to see that until the economy takes a dump (it’s coming) or the supply of workers and essential foreign parts gets fixed.

One of the big problems we’ve created through our own shortsightedness and stupidity is heavy reliance on foreign suppliers for parts. Let’s hope we’re never in a war with any of those countries — because I’m pretty sure they’ll give us one of these 🖕 instead of selling us the parts we need to wage war…

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Sounds like they already did the major price increase. Not saying it won't go up a little more. But if they increased it by that much ready to offset inflation I can't see then upping it another $2k. JMO.
Jeep Wrangler JL New here. Looking to buy a new Jeep. may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor-quickmeme-cgau-18992847

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
The "Search New Inventory" on Jeep.com shows there are several 2 doors on lots within 100 miles of you. Some Rubicons and a few Willys.

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"
Here's my unsolicited advice:

Since it sounds like your budget isn't going to stretch too much, go ahead and spec out a 2dr Willys and order it. You'll get it optioned the way you want in a color you like. Take your spec sheet (printed out from the Jeep build and price webpage) to several dealers and see who wants your business.

That Willys package will get you the capability to do about 90% or more of what the Rubicon will do.

Sponsored

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I know but It's so close to 2022 and I have this feeling there will be some changes to compete with the Bronco which is why the model year change over is taking a little longer this time. I don't think they'll be major but I do think there will be changes.
Keep in mind that the build queues which are already running 8-12 weeks are likely to be substantially worse when the 2022s roll in. You'll be competing with a slue of other customer orders as well as every dealer attempting to re-stock their fleet.

I believe they have 2022 production start slated for December. Are you okay getting your vehicle in Q2-2022? Because it's quite likely this may be the case.

Are you willing to pay thousands more, wait another 6 months, and potentially miss out on a color or engine combo that you're already happy with?

As an aside, given that 2022 is likely to be a short model run, they'll likely have the same "old model" issue that you're now dealing with. This will be particularly relevant of the 2023 is a mid-cycle model refresh.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Keep in mind that the build queues which are already running 8-12 weeks are likely to be substantially worse when the 2022s roll in. You'll be competing with a slue of other customer orders as well as every dealer attempting to re-stock their fleet.

I believe they have 2022 production start slated for December. Are you okay getting your vehicle in Q2-2022? Because it's quite likely this may be the case.

Are you willing to pay thousands more, wait another 6 months, and potentially miss out on a color or engine combo that you're already happy with?

As an aside, given that 2022 is likely to be a short model run, they'll likely have the same "old model" issue that you're now dealing with. This will be particularly relevant of the 2023 is a mid-cycle model refresh.
It's definitely a hard decision. I just worry if I order a 2021 now I'll be getting it when the 2022 are ready and they'll be only a month difference from getting a 2022. My local dealer told me 2021s are taking about 10 to 12 weeks to come in.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Here's my unsolicited advice:

Since it sounds like your budget isn't going to stretch too much, go ahead and spec out a 2dr Willys and order it. You'll get it optioned the way you want in a color you like. Take your spec sheet (printed out from the Jeep build and price webpage) to several dealers and see who wants your business.

That Willys package will get you the capability to do about 90% or more of what the Rubicon will do.
I do like the Willys package. I couldn't find one near me specked the way I want it.

Looking to get a manual, 3.6, soft top in Sting Grey.

The thing I like about the Rubicon besides the obvious is I can just throw 35s on it. If I go Willys I'd have to do the Mopar lift. By the time I get done spending the extra money on the lift I'd be closer to the Rubi in price.

ResGuy68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner, 16 Jeep Wrangler Sport
It's definitely a hard decision. I just worry if I order a 2021 now I'll be getting it when the 2022 are ready and they'll be only a month difference from getting a 2022. My local dealer told me 2021s are taking about 10 to 12 weeks to come in.
If you order a 2022 and get it in April/May-2022, are you in a very different position?

They'll likely be changing over to manufacture of their 2023s around August-2022. You'll have new 2023s around a short 4ish-months after your get your 2022.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
If you order a 2022 and get it in April/May-2022, are you in a very different position?

They'll likely be changing over to manufacture of their 2023s around August-2022. You'll have new 2023s around a short 4ish-months after your get your 2022.
If I can find a 2021 that I want at a dealership and they give me a deal I'll buy a 2021. If I'm ordering then I mise well just order a 2022 at this point. I gotta think the 2022 ordering is right around the corner like any week now.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Built a Willys online with Auto and air-conditioning of all things and it comes to $37+k before taxes. 😳 Is that what the price always was or is this because of what's going on with inflation? Seems a bit steep. I think this is why I'm leaning to the manual transmission. That was like $34 something k..

At this price I mise well just pay the extra and get a Rubicon. Am i missing something?

Is a Willys worth paying that much?

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
New to the forum looking to get a new Jeep. Hopefully I can find a dealership in Northeast Pennsylvania that will give me a deal so I don't have to drive 3 hours or so just to get a deal but if I have to I will.

I've been told there's dealers out of State that do 8% under invoice. So far I can't find that locally.

Looking to get into either a 2 door Rubicon or save a little and get a 2 door Willys.

Any leads on a good dealership would be greatly appreciated.

At this point I'm probably going to hold off for a 2022 just because it's so close and I'm waiting to see if there's any changes. Hopefully the 2022 orders open up soon.
Mine is for sale. Honey Badger.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...aflex-rt3-long-arm-racelines-w-37s-53k.77054/

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Go to Flemington NJ...they gave me a great deal...interested, let me know

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Go to Flemington NJ...they gave me a great deal...interested, let me know
Looks like they have a 2 door Rubicon in transit which is what im looking for. But it's black. I don't I can handle black on an off road vehicle. Lol..
Sponsored