New here - getting JL Sahara and have a couple of questions

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Wonder if they will bolt on to Sahara bumper without any drilling.
It's a shame the whole fender can't come closer to the bumper in the painted form
Not sure about fitting a Sahara. I have a steel bumper Rubi.
If you find out they will, and you want them, I’d start watching all the Sport threads on here, and start sending personal messages whenever you see someone remove them or change out their bumper.
Sponsored

OP
OP

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
Not sure about fitting a Sahara. I have a steel bumper Rubi.
If you find out they will, and you want them, I’d start watching all the Sport threads on here, and start sending personal messages whenever you see someone remove them or change out their bumper.
Thanks for the tip.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
70028CC7-7A77-43CE-B730-11BC6457CA78.jpeg
Has anyone actually gotten the Selectrac yet? I haven't seen any come through my dealer yet, but it seems like a good Idea to have a full time system.
I have SelecTrac on my JLU Sahara—factory order.

Sponsored

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
‘Merica
And yes, that G-wago-crap is ugly as sin and so are those euro fenders.

OP
OP

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
And yes, that G-wago-crap is ugly as sin and so are those euro fenders.
I don't know what to say. Okay...
I would never be caught dead driving a Ford truck so clearly to each is own. But we're all here for the Wrangler so I appreciate your opinion.

Sponsored

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Good choice!

The Sahara has plastic covers to keep out dirt/spray on back side of bumper. I believe if you add the euro thingys you will need to remove these. I’ve seen a few for sale, cheap. At least some people remove them.

I have a Sahara MT - love it. Fairly basic. I have no problems with MT. 3k miles. Drove it up Mt Washington (6288’)

I wanted dual tops, cold weather package, limited slip. New England. I also wanted proximity, tow/aux, infotainment. Very few MTs on dealer lots. Fewer Sahara’s. Don’t know why but tow package was not to be found.

I ended up finding one without tow, info, proximity

I added tow and aux - but it was a pain. Well, getting wired through firewall grommet was brutal, after that straight forward. I added 8.4 - easy - and was able to sell my radio.

Proximity - regret this. Cannot be added after. Been run to ground in another thread - even though pretty much pre-wired.

Movingday

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Thanks everyone. I'm gathering that Tow Package is a worthy upgrade, thanks for the tip.
So you can order steel bumpers on Sahara? I didn't see it in the ordering guide nor online builder. Would I get any credit for the plastic bumpers or is it just simply like buying parts on top of the price?
The MOAB special edition is a Sahara that includes some rubi upgrades, including stell bumper. Could be worth checking out

OP
OP

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
The Sahara has plastic covers to keep out dirt/spray on back side of bumper. I believe if you add the euro thingys you will need to remove these. I’ve seen a few for sale, cheap. At least some people remove them.

I have a Sahara MT - love it. Fairly basic.

I wanted dual tops, cold weather package, limited slip. New England. I also wanted proximity, tow/aux, infotainment. Very few MTs on dealer lots. Fewer Sahara’s. Don’t know why but tow package was not to be found.

I ended up finding one without tow, info, proximity

I added tow and aux - but it was a pain. Well, getting wired through firewall grommet was brutal, after that straight forward. I added 8.4 - easy - and was able to sell my radio.

Proximity - regret this. Cannot be added after. Been run to ground in another thread - even though pretty much pre-wired.
Thanks for your reply. Adding tow package just for a better battery and alternator
Getting keyless access for sure

OP
OP

JLClt

First Name
Smolniy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M240i
The MOAB special edition is a Sahara that includes some rubi upgrades, including stell bumper. Could be worth checking out
Definitely. Was excited until I learned Auto only on Moab