Sponsored

NEW Genesis Dual Battery Kit released 9/1/20 & new battery updates

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 JK Rubicon, '18 JL Rubicon, '21 JT Rubicon
Just a quick announcement about our new dual battery tray. Our tray for the JL & JT is now compatible with all brands of batteries in the Group 25 size, rather than just the Odyssey batteries.

Odyssey has recently discontinued their Group 25 Extreme series battery. They do have plans to replace it with a brand new Group 25 Performance series battery which was originally planned to be ready at the same time the Extreme series went out of production, but it sounds like the rona has been screwing up their plans. As of today, 9/8/20, we do not know when that new Performance series battery will be available, but we do know the exterior dimensions will be identical to the Extreme series battery.

Around the same time that we heard the Odyssey 25 was to be discontinued, we had a customer report to us that he was trying to install the Full River brand of batteries into his JL kit and they did not fit. Coincidentally, I had just ordered some Full River batteries for testing because I had heard good things about them and wanted to try them. So I dropped my new ones into our tray, and sure enough, they didn't fit! I realized the Odyssey batteries are tapered on the sides - they are smaller at the bottom and wider at the top. Our tray was designed to hug the shape of the Odyssey battery. I hadn't noticed that other brands of batteries were the same width from top to bottom. This was a bit of a head-smack moment! I should have checked the exact measurements of other brands.

So, with the Odyssey Extreme 25 going away, and with other battery brands not fitting, we needed a solution fast! Fortunately there was still enough room in the engine bay to redesign the tray with straight sides top to bottom, rather than flaring out wider at the top. I got that change made and into production and it has been shipping since 9/1/20. This same change was also made to our tray for the Toyota 4Runner and Tundra.

For our customers who purchased a dual battery kit AFTER July 1, 2020 (when the Odyssey Extreme 25 was discontinued) AND have not been able to find batteries to fit the tray, we will swap your tray for free. You will need to ship your tray back to us, then we will immediately send the new tray out to you. Please contact us at [email protected] to request to have your tray swapped.

For our customers who purchased a dual battery kit BEFORE July 1, 2020 and would like to have the new tray design to be able to use other brands of batteries besides Odyssey at some point in the future, we are offering a significant discount on the new tray. The tray itself normally sells for $179, but current kit owners can upgrade to the new tray for $109. Please note this offer is ONLY available to our current dual battery tray customers who purchased prior to July 1, 2020.

Current customers should keep in mind that Odyssey does intend to begin making the Group 25 Performance series battery at some point in the near future, we simply do not have a ship date for those at this time. So if you have our original tray now, and at some point hopefully long in the future you need to replace your Odyssey batteries, the Performance Series Group 25 will still fit your tray. You only need to get the new tray if you want to run a different brand of batteries.

We are now offering the Full River brand of batteries through our website. They are another excellent quality deep cycle AGM battery with very close to the same technical specs as the Odyssey line. We have heard nothing but good things about these batteries from our customers, dealers, and distributors. You can see more details on their battery that fits the JL / JT (part number FT750-25) at this link here - https://www.genesisoffroad.com/fullriver-group-25

The Odyssey Extreme Series Group 34 (part number 34-PC1500) which is used in our '07-18 Jeep JK, '16+ Toyota Tacoma, and our universal kits are still available and those are NOT being discontinued. We will also offer the Full River Group 34 size (part number FT825-34) for those vehicles as well.

You can see all our battery options here - https://www.genesisoffroad.com/batteries

JL Dual Battery Kits are in stock for fast shipping here - https://www.genesisoffroad.com/jl-dual-battery-kit

And Gladiator kits here - https://www.genesisoffroad.com/jt-dual-battery-kit

Please let us know if you have any questions!

-Shane Smith
Sponsored

dapipp

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler X (TJ), 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (JL)
Will the new tray offer be a lifetime offer for customers that purchased a kit before July 1, 2020? There is no real need to purchase a replacement tray until new batteries are needed.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Will the new tray offer be a lifetime offer for customers that purchased a kit before July 1, 2020? There is no real need to purchase a replacement tray until new batteries are needed.
That’s a great question. But another great question is why was the original tray only designed to hold Odyssey batteries? That tray should have been universal from the beginning.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, that is correct. No time limit on that offer. No need to get a new tray UNLESS you want to run a different brand. Hopefully Odyssey will have their new battery ready soon, so if you stick with their battery, you can still use the original tray.

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I missed that. Thanks.
I'll continue waiting patiently.
Correct. The current version fits the JL / JT with the 3.6L or 2.0L.
The new diesel has a 100% different layout for the battery compartment. We will have to get one in the shop for measurements to design a new tray.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
The new diesel has a 100% different layout for the battery compartment. We will have to get one in the shop for measurements to design a new tray.
If I was close enough you could measure mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you think the kit will fit JL export models (LHD) with the 2.2 Diesel?
The layout for the battery looks pretty similar...

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW Genesis Dual Battery Kit released 9/1/20 & new battery updates 22d.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW Genesis Dual Battery Kit released 9/1/20 & new battery updates 22d.JPG
Actually this battery layout looks just like the American JL with the gas engine. The American diesel JL is completely different. I would say just take a look at our installation video and compare to yours. You could take your battery out and look closely at your plastic tray and see if it looks like the one in the video. If it does, then go ahead and order the JL kit. If you run into any unexpected issues with installing the kit, you can always return it for a refund.

OP
OP
Genesis Offroad

Genesis Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick update! As of 2/1/2021, we have the new Odyssey Performance Series Group 25 batteries in stock. This is their new one, part number ODP-AGM25 which has replaced part number 25-PC1400 that was discontinued in July 2020. We got a small batch of these new batteries in December, but they sold out within a couple days. These will ship out from the Odyssey warehouse in California.
https://www.genesisoffroad.com/performance-group-25

Also yesterday we just got another shipment of the Full Throttle Group 25 batteries, part number FT750-25. So now the Full Throttle batteries will ship from either California or from our office in north Mississippi, just outside of Memphis, TN.
https://www.genesisoffroad.com/fullriver-group-25

If you've been waiting on batteries before you order a dual battery system, then now is the time! We have JL / JT kits in stock for immediate shipping too!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Quick update! As of 2/1/2021, we have the new Odyssey Performance Series Group 25 batteries in stock. This is their new one, part number ODP-AGM25 which has replaced part number 25-PC1400 that was discontinued in July 2020. We got a small batch of these new batteries in December, but they sold out within a couple days. These will ship out from the Odyssey warehouse in California.
https://www.genesisoffroad.com/performance-group-25

Also yesterday we just got another shipment of the Full Throttle Group 25 batteries, part number FT750-25. So now the Full Throttle batteries will ship from either California or from our office in north Mississippi, just outside of Memphis, TN.
https://www.genesisoffroad.com/fullriver-group-25

If you've been waiting on batteries before you order a dual battery system, then now is the time! We have JL / JT kits in stock for immediate shipping too!
Will the new Performance series 25s fit in the old tray?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@Genesis Offroad ( Shawn ) my FT750 25’s are working very well with my new dual system, I Think if I had to do over I would have spent the extra coin and went with the Odyssey to get a few more cranking amps but my JL loves the extra power and your tech support that I have relied on has been super as Mike has went above and and beyond and I use my Odyssey 20 amp charger for a good recondition charge once a month and use a NOCO 10 amp for a quick weekly top off.

Also I assume that since I am using the Full River 750 25‘s that any 25 series battery will work in the future when I need to replace them ?

It also looks like the new Odyssey has less cranking amps than the older one.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW Genesis Dual Battery Kit released 9/1/20 & new battery updates F1D11C0F-9EB7-4551-96C2-357B66C8DDD9
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW Genesis Dual Battery Kit released 9/1/20 & new battery updates F60E9A04-B708-41DB-A6C1-AED030322377
Sponsored

Last edited: