New front bumper (Rampage Trailguard ) on it's way

PaulG

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Have been trying to decide on which winch mount front bumper to go with. Had it narrowed to a just a few. The Rampage Trailguard was on the top of my list. Best price I could find was around $495 from 4Wheel Parts. Then I stumble across Walmart of all places selling the exact bumper for $250. I dont know if I just SCORED, or getting shafted when it arrives.

Rampage Products 99512 TrailGuard Front Bumper
Rampage-Products-TrailGuard-Front-Bumper-JL-99512-Installed-Main.jpg

Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
That's quite the price difference. Hopefully there aren't any hidden surprises.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
That's really a good price. Post some pics once it is installed.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Have been trying to decide on which winch mount front bumper to go with. Had it narrowed to a just a few. The Rampage Trailguard was on the top of my list. Best price I could find was around $495 from 4Wheel Parts. Then I stumble across Walmart of all places selling the exact bumper for $250. I dont know if I just SCORED, or getting shafted when it arrives.
Where did you see WM had this for $250?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rampage-99512-TrailGuard-Front-Bumper-Black/870122401

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

Rampage Products 99512 TrailGuard Front Bumper
Rampage-Products-TrailGuard-Front-Bumper-JL-99512-Installed-Main.jpg
I've seen similar on WM in the past. I've never ordered. It seems they run some heuristics and if they see you searching for an item they sell it will often reduce the price to bias you towards them.

You might have clicked in just the right order to score that price - congrats!

Sponsored

OP
OP
PaulG

PaulG

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Very odd. I did a Google Search for the bumper just to do a final price check before I placed my order. In the search Walmart came up with the $250 price. Walmart never came up before Google searching "JL front bumper". So I double checked the part number, description, and picture, and it all matched. On the Walmart sight it said "only 1 left". So I bought it.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Ask yourself this: if Wal-Mart sells it do you think it's a high quality part?

OP
OP
PaulG

PaulG

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ask yourself this: if Wal-Mart sells it do you think it's a high quality part?
Why wouldnt it be? It is the same Rampage part number with the same description.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Why wouldnt it be? It is the same Rampage part number with the same description.
So do you really think a front bumper that Wal-Mart can sell at $250 for a profit is going to be high quality?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Walmart online store sells a lot of third party items just like amazon. Ive gotten scammed twice, got my money back twice from Walmart and stopped buyin at that store. Both items were heavily discounted and claimed only a few left. it was a JBL extreme speakers and a specialized mountain bike frame. Both items took way too long to ship, and when I received them they were both knock offs. the JBL speakers were terrible, light and only had 1 volume setting. The mtb frame was suposed to be carbon fiber, but it wasnt, it was heavy aluminum painted to resemble carbon fiber.

When you receive your bumper, check it and even contact manufacturer send them pics to make sure it isnt a knock off, if it takes too long to get to ur door get your money ASAP.

It isnt truly walmart selling these items. they come straight from Asia.

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Very odd. I did a Google Search for the bumper just to do a final price check before I placed my order. In the search Walmart came up with the $250 price. Walmart never came up before Google searching "JL front bumper". So I double checked the part number, description, and picture, and it all matched. On the Walmart sight it said "only 1 left". So I bought it.
Nice... I'm always there when people find parts, accessories, etc. on the cheap. Hopefully it's what you expect. Looks like you found it at the right time.

Hitdog540

First Name
Howie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2015BMW 550xi
Occupation
Retired
I too have been looking at bumpers. Most of the bumpers I have seen that look like what I may
want, start around $499 and up from there. Just realize, if one is selling for half the price of
most other starting prices, there's a reason. Otherwise, everyone would have one in that
price range. That's my .02 worth! Just beware.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if any jl bumpers are being manufactured to a high enough volume, but word302 does bring up a lesser known reality when it comes to high volume manufacturing.

Quick example and detour. The same make and part numbered vacuum cleaner slated for Walmart will be cheaper made than one slated for kohl's. Walmarts would get plastic gears and generic rubber drive belts amongst other things, to keep within a lower budget. Kohl's will get the unit with aluminum gears and a Goodyear reinforced belt, because they cater to a different demographic.
Sponsored