Sponsored

New front bumper. Covered in Rust. Doesn't fit either.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting, Ive always had good dealing with them and no issues with returning Items. Quadratec has been horrible for me, sending wrong stuff all the time
Every experience aside from this one has gone great too. Probably just the idiot I got on the phone
Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Every experience aside from this one has gone great too. Probably just the idiot I got on the phone
Bad day maybe lol, The last time I was on the phone with them over a return the guy said at the end thanks for calling american muscle.... hahaha both kinda laughed over the phone. Probably same company or use the same call center

Iwant2poop

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sport, 2002 Grand Cherokee (Sold)
FWIW, We received a DV8 FS-15 bumper as part of the SEMA build that was done on my wife's Jeep. According to the SEMA build/install, there were no fitment/rust issues and the bumper looks great on the Jeep. Time will tell on how the finish holds up but we are happy with it.

imagejpeg_0_3.jpg

imagejpeg_0_5 (2).jpg

KIMG1051.JPG

KIMG1111 (2).JPG
You recieved a show floor piece. Those pieces are usually extra maticulously chosen, transported, and installed so that they are pristine by the time they get to the event. It's unrealistic to compare it to the pieces you'd buy from stores or have shipped to customers. It'd be shitty advertising on their part if they didn't.

I used to work for a hobby center that sent pieces all the time to shows and events. They did the same thing

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Dang I was about to get an FS15 from them. Reconsidering that now. Sorry about your experience. While painful, I am sure DV8 will step up and make this right for you.

Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
There customer service is really good, give them a call they will get it taken care of for you.

Gadgetguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Not a fan of DV8 either. Got their light bar brackets. Bolt holes don't line up very well but with some pressure got the bolts in .Brackets don't follow the Jeep's contours very well either, but ok I guess. However, I can't mount my 50" light bar since their 50" light bar brackets are made for a 51.75" mounting length, which they don't tell you. Nobody makes 1" spacers, I'd have to get longer bolts, and that's a lot of weight on them. In other words, they are made for a 52" inch bar, the "50 inch" one they sell. They did respond quickly to my emails though. Unfortunately the place I bought them from has not responded.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Not a fan of DV8 either. Got their light bar brackets. Bolt holes don't line up very well but with some pressure got the bolts in .Brackets don't follow the Jeep's contours very well either, but ok I guess. However, I can't mount my 50" light bar since their 50" light bar brackets are made for a 51.75" mounting length, which they don't tell you. Nobody makes 1" spacers, I'd have to get longer bolts, and that's a lot of weight on them. In other words, they are made for a 52" inch bar, the "50 inch" one they sell. They did respond quickly to my emails though. Unfortunately the place I bought them from has not responded.
Most 50” LED bars have a 52” overall length to them, 50” being the light surface. I’ve got a 48” bar that is 50” overall and a 50” that is 52

rameyer84

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Hyundai Sante Fe, 2018 JLUR Mojito!
I got a DV8 front bumper, FS1, and associated skid plate back in September. Fit great and looks great. Had it at he beach for a week in October. Still no rust.

Bottom of skid plate was designed to bolt up to threaded holes in the frame. Later builds no longer have the threaded holes. They were very good about it and sent bolt plates to install it.

Jeeponbeach.jpg

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Sorry man. There's really no excuse, JK's and JL's have the exact same fitment for the front bumper, same alignment. I know because Extreme terrain shipped me a bumper for a JK and it fit perfectly, and I know I ordered one for JL, I still have the order receipt and shipment receipt. The order receipt says JL, the shipment receipt says JK. What didn't fit were the fog lights though.

So, the hole not lining up is bad quality, considering how long the front bumper alignment has been around with the JK, that's why I say there's no excuse.

My daughters jeep has a dv8 bumper on her Jk, I don't care for it, which is why I went with a different product. She also has their headlights, which are failing, one won't turn on high beams.

Sponsored

Gadgetguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Most 50” LED bars have a 52” overall length to them, 50” being the light surface. I’ve got a 48” bar that is 50” overall and a 50” that is 52
Yeah, that's what DV8 told me .So I did some research and got mounting lengths for 7 different light bars. Only 3 had 52 inch mounting lengths, Westin, Rigid, and DV8.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
We ordered the FF-15 thru ET. Bumper arrived quick and very well packed. Installed the winch on the shop bench, used a gantry crane to get it lifted and lined up. Everything bolted down great and the finish is fine. I really liked the looks of this bumper and when I found out the price point I was blown away with the value for the dollar. Shackles, winch plate, fog light accommodations and great looks won me over.

Brett

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Did you contact the manufacturer or extreme terrain before you got on here to complain? I'm all for companies being held accountable but unfortunately shit happens and most good companies will want to make it right for you if you give them a chance.

It would also be helpful info for anyone here who might have issues with them in the future. I've never heard anything about dv8 and they seemed to kinda come out of nowhere and they dont have much of a presence on forums or anywhere for that matter so I've always passed on their stuff.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Did you contact the manufacturer or extreme terrain before you got on here to complain? I'm all for companies being held accountable but unfortunately shit happens and most good companies will want to make it right for you if you give them a chance.

It would also be helpful info for anyone here who might have issues with them in the future. I've never heard anything about dv8 and they seemed to kinda come out of nowhere and they dont have much of a presence on forums or anywhere for that matter so I've always passed on their stuff.
Sponsored