WranglerJLU4Greg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Patriot
Hi All,

Here is an article I have just published on Forbes on the JL launch and the Jeep Brand that took several months to write.

Please understand that I'm not an avid off-roader - I just took my first lessons last year. I have tried to be as comprehensive and fair as possible, but I'm sure I got some of it wrong.

I welcome your thoughts and opinions. Just be gentle: I'm an unpaid journalist and a real person, too.

Jeep's Big Gamble: Staying the Course With the New Wrangler JL

David Vinjamuri
This is the best article that I have read on Jeep, its history and the New Wrangler JL. I encourage all at JLWF to read this. David, let us know what Jeep you buy.
Sponsored

SpaceDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
SpaceDog
Just click "continue to article" in top right.
It doesn't continue to Forbes unless you white-list their site. It just reloads the same page.

That's the reason I don't read ANYTHING on Forbes.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Hi All,

Here is an article I have just published on Forbes on the JL launch and the Jeep Brand that took several months to write.

Please understand that I'm not an avid off-roader - I just took my first lessons last year. I have tried to be as comprehensive and fair as possible, but I'm sure I got some of it wrong.

I welcome your thoughts and opinions. Just be gentle: I'm an unpaid journalist and a real person, too.

David Vinjamuri
Look what just popped up on my Google alerts! Congratulations!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidv...-staying-the-course-with-the-new-wrangler-jl/

replicast

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
This article tells.a great story about why the Jeep brand is so successful, followed by a quick transition into a taste of what makes the JL such an perfect evolution of the Wrangler. Thank you David for nicely articulating what many of us feel about our Jeep. You nailed it!

Sponsored

ArmyCrawler

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JL Rubi
Well done David! Sent it around to the non-Jeepers in my life who think Iā€™m crazy. Not sure this will change their minds but at least they might start to get it. ;)

Thanks for your hard work on the article. All the best.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Well done David! Sent it around to the non-Jeepers in my life who think Iā€™m crazy. Not sure this will change their minds but at least they might start to get it. ;)

Thanks for your hard work on the article. All the best.
If they donā€™t ā€˜get itā€™, itā€™s their loss :)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Hi All,

David Vinjamuri
David: most others merely review a vehicle: which you did quite well. But you told a story; painted a well researched narrative that explained the vehicles history and the decisions that were made along the way (and why) that brought us up to this point.

The Jeep provides any parent with the best example of what to tell their kids when they first begin dating: "Be yourself. The fine product you put out there will draw others to you."

Sponsored

SpyDJeep

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"18 JLUR Punk'n, '11 JKU Mango tango, '17 JKU Granite crystal, 98 XJ plow jeep
Vehicle Showcase
Was a great read, well written and expressed. I very much enjoyed it. $40 billion, wow! Always been a Jeep fan and owner. I believe the biggest risk was the JKU, the first 4 door. Also agree that the 4 door kept the brand alive and allowed it to thrive, really put them on the map in years to come, paved the way to today's JL. As all other enthusiasts I'm excited they stayed to the original format and kept it familiar and improved on the previous rendition.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
You know, dreamers are more than just those who never go off road. I go off road when I can, but when I'm not, I'm dreaming about the places I'll go with that Jeep. One thing for certain, Jeep knows their customer. For all the criticism people have of FCA, they've got that right. On top of that, I believe FCA has been the best steward of the Jeep brand since its inception, by a long shot. My hat is off to them.

Great job with that article, David. I've had a couple friends read it and come up to me and basically say, "Ok, now I kind of see why you like Jeeps."

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Great line -

"The original Willys Jeep is the progenitor of the Honda CR-V or Toyota RAV4 in the same way that the T-Rex is the ancestor of all the pigeons in Manhattan."

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
Ā« They are afraid to offend one potential purchaser to delight another. They want everyone to feel equally comfortable and by doing so only manage to put everyone to sleep. But not Jeep. Ā»
This !
They decided to go against what we see everyone and everything does today : try to satisfy everyone and not hurt anyone.
And thatā€™s why I got a Wrangler to replace my Mustang : it had to be a fun, exciting vehicle with a big fun factor. Having a Sorento for the family, what was the point in getting another SUV ? Or a boring sedan that only comes with an auto gearbox....
Wrangler was the obvious way to go, and even if Iā€™m sad to see my Mustang go, I canā€™t wait to go drive that grey monster ;) (Granite fully loaded JLUS)
And @dvwriter this article was the most interesting read Iā€™ve had in a while. I think you really caught the true essence of the Wrangler, surrounding yourself with true Jeepers (even though it will be my first Jeep Iā€™m pretty sure you did :) )

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
I was not going to read all 12 pages of that but it was great I kept reading! Amazing writing skills!
Sponsored