New Forbes Article on the JL Launch And Jeep Brand

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Here's a video that goes with the Forbes article but just went up in case you have already read it. There are actually two more coming but they're delayed while we get some permissions in.
Great video!
Sponsored

Mukluk

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Great article, David.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
i really did enjoy this article. what might have been interesting to explore further is the “escapism” that appears to be fueliing sales growth, and how jeep meets that market while tempering expectations for convenience or conformity. in my estimation, the vast majority of jeep buyers will never off road - or if they do, it will be (at best) a bumpy dirt road or a curb stop.

it might be interesting to explore the mindset of the jeep buyer and it’s correlation with adventurism, escapism, and the general want for more connectedness.

jeep gets this. it flavors their marketing and messaging. would love to see it permeate a review.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
i really did enjoy this article. what might have been interesting to explore further is the “escapism” that appears to be fueliing sales growth, and how jeep meets that market while tempering expectations for convenience or conformity. in my estimation, the vast majority of jeep buyers will never off road - or if they do, it will be (at best) a bumpy dirt road or a curb stop.

it might be interesting to explore the mindset of the jeep buyer and it’s correlation with adventurism, escapism, and the general want for more connectedness.

jeep gets this. it flavors their marketing and messaging. would love to see it permeate a review.
I agree with you, great idea. I believe customization is an appealing idea to buyers, also. Well, that and it’s a freaking Wrangler :involve:

OP
OP
dvwriter

dvwriter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk’n JLUR Rubicon, Ford Flex
Occupation
Journalist, Educator, Trainer

Oh yes, I wholeheartedly agree with all of this. I think the spirit of adventure is at the core of the brand even for those who don’t venture off-road. Jeep calls them “dreamers”

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Read it this morning when it popped up on my Google Now feed. Thought it was a very good read. I appreciate that you took the time to become informed about the subject including the first-hand off-road experience. I also got a chuckle of seeing the reference to JLWF's Dan and his gentle critique of Road & Track's manual transmission "review". I will check out the videos later this evening when I'm home.

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
It was a good article. I enjoyed it