Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! You could pair these with something like the Superlift 2.5 and be good to go for around $1000. Got my 3.1's on the way for my JKU...
Sponsored

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
what about for lifts that are 2.5" or 3.5"???? These are infact too short.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
Very nice! You could pair these with something like the Superlift 2.5 and be good to go for around $1000. Got my 3.1's on the way for my JKU...
onl;y fit up to 2" without shock extender.

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I’m digging for the specs to confirm... on the JK, the 0-2 Falcon was really long and actually worked best on their 2.5 lift kit.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
I’m digging for the specs to confirm... on the JK, the 0-2 Falcon was really long and actually worked best on their 2.5 lift kit.

TeraFlex says these are good for 2-4" of lift.
  • In that 2-4" rage... as you move up to 4"s you'll lose droop travel. As you move towards 2"s you loose up travel.

We used them with the EVO 2.5" boost lift and no shock extensions and they work great. In comparison to the boost kit with the OE shocks, the rear has the same amount of droop and the front gains an inch of droop travel with the new Falcon shocks.

Here is a quick link to our DIY write-up on these shocks:
Sneak Peak- Teraflex Falcon Shocks for the JL Wrangler

Sponsored

Drawls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Water distribution
Vehicle Showcase
TeraFlex says these are good for 2-4" of lift.
  • In that 2-4" rage... as you move up to 4"s you'll lose droop travel. As you move towards 2"s you loose up travel.

We used them with the EVO 2.5" boost lift and no shock extensions and they work great. In comparison to the boost kit with the OE shocks, the rear has the same amount of droop and the front gains an inch of droop travel with the new Falcon shocks.

Here is a quick link to our DIY write-up on these shocks:
Sneak Peak- Teraflex Falcon Shocks for the JL Wrangler
I was told they wouldn’t work with the rock krawler X factor 2.5. Is that true?

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Who told you that, and why wouldn’t they?

Pressurized

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I was told they wouldn’t work with the rock krawler X factor 2.5. Is that true?
That is not true... We're all still sorting out the "best" shock lengths for a given lift height and even specific springs, there is no reason why the Falcon shock can't be used with an RK lift. I do think they are "optimal for a 2-2.5" lift. I don't think the version they are selling right now will be good for a 3.5 or above.

Here is the front shock comparison.

Front-Shocks.jpg

Tgpj83

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL
I’m currently in the market for a 2 inch
So now that the official post is out I get to tell the back story... LoL!

The other day David (the Boss) walked into my office carrying a box from Teraflex, said these were prerelease JL shocks and to get them installed on the company JLU Rubicon.

When I got them down to the studio and opened up the box, it was all oohs and aahs for a while while we all handled these new Falcon JL shocks. We’ve sold Teraflex Falcon shocks for a long time, so we were already very familiar with their quality and the JL shocks we just got did not disappoint!

Yesterday afternoon we did the old switch-a-roo, pulling out the OE Rubi shocks, the EVO Mfg. shock extensions and installed the new Falcon shocks front and rear. It all went smooth and we were done with the installation and required photo shoot by the end of the day, unfortunately I didn’t get a chance to run the JL around the block a few times to see what the difference was.

Fast forward to about 9pm and I get a call from the boss. Now he doesn’t call during off-work hours very often unless something is going on, so when he asked if I had driven the JL before I left (and I hadn’t) , I was a little worried..:whew:... I ask him if there’s anything wrong and he laughed…. He was absolutely elated with the shocks, saying he's been driving it all around town having a blast. Said they made the JL ride awesome. So much smoother over the rough and they cut down on the body roll, so far the best mod we've done to the JL. Definitely big praise from the boss on these shocks.

Fast forward to today and just after lunch I was able to grab the key fob and liberate the JL for a quick drive. Got in and headed down the hill to hit the highway and the first thing I noticed during the merge was the reduced body roll, it was a big difference. Much more controlled, so much so that when I looked down to check my speed... I was doing 65 coming off the curved on ramp before even getting on the highway. Wow! the high speed handling was much more controlled, didn't even feel like the same Jeep. :rock:

After the quick jaunt down the highway, I looped around through some back roads and proceeded to try to find and hit every pot hole, bump, lump and dip, finding anything to test these shocks out with. Even ventured onto the shoulder a couple times when the potholes alongside the road were worse than those on the road.

All-in-all, WOW! Big difference in ride quality and handling. I could see why the boss was elated over these shocks.

Currently working on the install write-up for these, will post it up here when it's done.
I’m currently in the market for a 2 inch lift and new to all of this stuff. How do you think these compare to to fox shocks on the mopar 2 inch lift for JL?

Drawls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Water distribution
Vehicle Showcase
Who told you that, and why wouldn’t they?
Northridge4x4 they said they would over extend with the flex of the lift. They told me the X factor 2.5 is closer to a 3” and these shocks would be a touch to short for the lift.

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
I’m currently in the market for a 2 inch lift and new to all of this stuff. How do you think these compare to to fox shocks on the mopar 2 inch lift for JL?
We haven't tried that combination yet, so can't say.

Northridge4x4 they said they would over extend with the flex of the lift. They told me the X factor 2.5 is closer to a 3” and these shocks would be a touch to short for the lift.
Who did you talk to here?

These shocks will be fine with a 3" lift.

Drawls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Water distribution
Vehicle Showcase
We haven't tried that combination yet, so can't say.

Who did you talk to here?

These shocks will be fine with a 3" lift.
His name was kevin. He wasn’t sure so he put me on n hold to talk to someone in the shop. Kevin was just the middle man of the info. He was very professional about it.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
According to the computer we have one set left as of 7:30 this morning, Thursday - 14th.

I haven't ran the rancho JL shocks yet, so can't comment on a direct comparison. However the Falcon shocks are an upgrade shock and will be typically better than any shock in a standard lift kit.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
According to the computer we have one set left as of 7:30 this morning, Thursday - 14th.

I haven't ran the rancho JL shocks yet, so can't comment on a direct comparison. However the Falcon shocks are an upgrade shock and will be typically better than any shock in a standard lift kit.
OK thanks for the info. I still am looking for the best lift, as I still would prefer something close to 1-1.5"
Sponsored