Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Dynomax muffler delete tail pipe best bang for the buck. Great clearance, great sound , easy installation , easy reversal , light weight , inexpensive.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Dynomax muffler delete tail pipe best bang for the buck. Great clearance, great sound , easy installation , easy reversal , light weight , inexpensive.
Ditto, and you get rid of that beer keg under your JL :)

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Looking for a more aggressive drive on the jeep--clearance also important--doubt If I do any serious off roading here in S. Florida unless I get close to the Everglades.
Since you said you're after recommendations, aggression is needed at most if people are asking for it. If someone did the night shift as a security guard or as a doctor or a parent, they don't need your "aggressive drive" in their ears.

What on Earth is an "aggressive drive" anyway? Turn off traction control, strap a heavy brick to the accelerator and control speed using just the brakes, if you want to put your money where your mouth is what I say.

OP
OP

mpk1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Since you said you're after recommendations, aggression is needed at most if people are asking for it. If someone did the night shift as a security guard or as a doctor or a parent, they don't need your "aggressive drive" in their ears.

What on Earth is an "aggressive drive" anyway? Turn off traction control, strap a heavy brick to the accelerator and control speed using just the brakes, if you want to put your money where your mouth is what I say.
You ok ??

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
I have something in the works for mine that I believe is going to sound better than anything out there right now. Stay tuned...

Sponsored

Smitty

First Name
Smitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S 4-Dr
I got the Pypes High Clearance Cat Back stainless system and love it. Although with the M80 muffler it sounds like I shit a Honda, so I'm swapping for the less aggressive Street Pro muffler. As for installation it was about an hour overall, with 2/3 of it being removing the stock muffler. The instructions recommend using a muffler hanger removal tool, but I was OK with a flathead pry bar. I have a 4-door JL, which bolts right up. If you have a 2-door, then you need to cut the mid pipe down a bit.

It's made a big difference in acceleration and mileage, but all you need to do is look at the bend leading to the stock muffler to see why. And you can't even see the tailpipe or muffler from the rear now.

grrnmo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 Door (2.0l)
Occupation
Teacher - Computer Systems
Well I've got the Rock Crawler arriving tomorrow, so...let's see how it goes ;)
Had the new exhaust on for a month now and just love it...great tone and any drone at speed is hard for me to comment on since my doors and top are off until late Sept/early Oct...mine is for the 2.0l and it really brings it to life, soundwise (my last car was a '15 Challenger SRT, so I have an idea of what a good exhaust should sound like ;))

exhaust.jpeg

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Anyone have experience with Hooker Headers Blackheart Dual Exhaust w/o muffler? Build quality? Any droning? It looks like it’s on pre-order at Quadratec. There is a YouTube video of it and it sounds pretty sweet.
67D1CC7B-F9FC-4D2E-AB3F-C4664AD27E00.jpeg

Last edited:

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
I have something in the works for mine that I believe is going to sound better than anything out there right now. Stay tuned...

Still Waiting.......

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
Had the new exhaust on for a month now and just love it...great tone and any drone at speed is hard for me to comment on since my doors and top are off until late Sept/early Oct...mine is for the 2.0l and it really brings it to life, soundwise (my last car was a '15 Challenger SRT, so I have an idea of what a good exhaust should sound like ;))

exhaust.jpeg
Still digging this exhaust? Any sound clips?:)

Sponsored

DFlannery2A

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
Occupation
Police Officer, Firefighter, EMT, ARFF
I recommend the Borla Rock climber exhaust. Extremely satisfied with the tone. Absolutely zero drone. Quality and fit is amazing.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I tried a Gibson and it was too loud. I probably have the oddest setup. A cherry bomb glasspack as a secondary resonator and a generic performance muffler on the back. No drone, quiet at cruise and barely noticeable when driving. But put your foot into it and you'll wake up after forgetting how loud it gets. I've had this setup for 3k miles and had to step on it one day with the wife along. She thought I'd just replaced the system again since she'd never heard it when I had to really pick up some speed.

grrnmo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 Door (2.0l)
Occupation
Teacher - Computer Systems
Still digging this exhaust? Any sound clips?:)
Borla's Rock Crawler is AWESOME! I would say yes there is a sonorous and delightfully throaty drone...if you set your cruise control to drive to the mall!!!

It's awesome. Get one and get off road!

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Still Waiting.......
I have to become a vendor on here to post about it. As soon as I get it done and the product is finished, I will post up about it.

ztobro

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2.0T
I have to become a vendor on here to post about it. As soon as I get it done and the product is finished, I will post up about it.
But what if you send it to me in a personal message instead of posting it here... wink wink :bandit:
Sponsored