Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Had the new exhaust on for a month now and just love it...great tone and any drone at speed is hard for me to comment on since my doors and top are off until late Sept/early Oct...mine is for the 2.0l and it really brings it to life, soundwise (my last car was a '15 Challenger SRT, so I have an idea of what a good exhaust should sound like ;))

exhaust.jpeg
Mine 3.6 added cherry bomb glass pack to delete pipe sounds more like V-8

BDE51CBC-FA9F-4441-A62D-C5B8B6F854F9.jpeg

849D9059-1977-4478-A085-1E34F6204B3E.jpeg

ADF61EF1-D214-4F6A-A78C-A8C3EB27826C.jpeg
Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
I have to become a vendor on here to post about it. As soon as I get it done and the product is finished, I will post up about it.
Thanks.... Looking Forward to your post. Would also like a PM:)

I've tried the Dynomax Delete... added a Knockoff offset dynomax muffler and then added 12/14" long resonator... All were too much drone or obnoxious tone at highway speeds. Going back to stock for now.

This trial was all done on my wife's 2 Door without the stock resonator. Maybe the OEM resonator would cut some of the drone, but removed the exhaust at flange joint, so I could go back to stock without any welding.

goingsolo2

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Thanks.... Looking Forward to your post. Would also like a PM:)

I've tried the Dynomax Delete... added a Knockoff offset dynomax muffler and then added 12/14" long resonator... All were too much drone or obnoxious tone at highway speeds. Going back to stock for now.

This trial was all done on my wife's 2 Door without the stock resonator. Maybe the OEM resonator would cut some of the drone, but removed the exhaust at flange joint, so I could go back to stock without any welding.
Will do buddy...I am about 6 weeks out on getting the new design resonator in for me to test.

grrnmo

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 Door (2.0l)
Occupation
Teacher - Computer Systems
Still digging this exhaust? Any sound clips?:)
Won't let me upload mp3 nor m4a...too much work just to not be able to post a common audio clip format...

Gengispecan

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door jl Rubicon
Anyone with the 3.6L magna flow cat back rock crawler get a noticeable decrease in acceleration and mpg? Is that normal? I'm going to reinstall this weekend to see if that helps. My a
If you don't plan on doing any hardcore offroading/crawling, our MF series catbacks/axlebacks should be perfect for you! These offer the deep refined sound we are known for while maintaining interior comfort and stock-like volume under light throttle conditions. If we can answer any questions about our MF-series kits, please PM or call us at 1-800-990-0905!

Thanks for choosing MF for your Jeep! We're happy to hear that you are loving the new sound. One thing to keep in mind-our mufflers take about 1k miles of driving before the packing material is fully heat cycled. During this time you will experience an increase in the overall volume.

Anyone with 3.6L magna flow cat back rock crawler see a noticable decrease in acceleration and mpg? I'm going to reinstall this weekend. It's a pretty significant drop in both for me

Sponsored

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
It depends on what you are looking for. A rock crawler exhaust from either MF or Flowmaster will be loud. In the case of the MF, I had it and it also droned. MF has changed the muffler in their rock crawler kit so it may be a bit easier in the cabin.

Flowmaster has Outlaw and American Thunder mufflers for their rock crawlers but the last I checked the quieter American Thunder in a catback/rock crawler was not out.

The Dynomax rear muffler delete is a safe first step. It will be louder and at times raspy but it will be quieter than the MF and FM rock crawlers. You can keep the factory resonator in place and if you wanted you could weld in a race bullet muffler before the Dynomax tailpipe.

If you want to keep your factory resonator and put in a race bullet I would get one of the following.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E3VHVO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have this one paired with a Borla XP muffler. Love it.

or

https://www.amazon.com/Vibrant-1141...AMVH5P6Y2MX&psc=1&refRID=7BY79BJ7HAMVH5P6Y2MX . I may get this one at some point bc even with the Borla my current Jeep could be a bit more subdued under hard acceleration.

So the line up would be.

Factory Resonator + connection pipe + Bullet Resonator - Dynomax tailpipe.

If you want a deeper tone then I would go with what I built or something similar.

Connection pipe from Jeep Y-pipe + Vibrant Resonator (normal or queit) + Borla XP 2.25" offset muffler + new tailpipe.
I know this is an old post, but would you happen to have a link to the Borla XP? I can't find a borla xp anywhere. Only thing that comes up is the XS and some others I don't recognize.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
here is a sample of a ton of different exhaust systems
That's quite the collection there, would be interested in how they got all those. I do know my Magnaflow sounds quite a bit cleaner than the clip on that video though.
Sponsored