Sponsored

New EVO 3032 JL / JLU Hinge Tire Carrier install Review with Pics

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
If i didnt clearcoat the outside, all the welds would also be rusting. On top of that the bolts that hold the rubber stops have also rusted. Also, just looked at another thread about evo's roof rack as well and their rack is rusting also. If there was so many issues with the powdercoated version they should either stop selling it or start going the e-coat route. The manufacturer wont stand behind their coating so everyone is out of luck.
I have to agree with you on this one. The JL is new so they kinda get like 1 pass in my book. But if they aren't actively trying to improve the end result then i dont know what to say.... Gotta listen to what the customers say, adapt, and overcome.
Sponsored

Deleted member 33002

Dope write up! What hole did you guys with 37’s used? About to install this carrier soon.

eumylove

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
I just installed my carrier, both inside and outsides are powder coated. Installation went smooth but I have a question about water getting inside the jeep through small open gaps by the hinge. I uploaded a picture to clarify my question. When you shine a flashlight from the inside hinge bolt location (inside car) you can clearly see light shining through. Is it okay for water to get in there?

IMG_20190907_110238.jpg

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Dope write up! What hole did you guys with 37’s used? About to install this carrier soon.
What hole did you end up using?
I did the 2nd from the top. I could have went down 1 more though

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have the same evo carrier, install went ok and lined up good but I think I did not tighten everything correctly before installing the tire. Now I have a 1/8 " gap from the top on both sides as if the tailgate is being pulled back from the top (if that makes sense). Thinking about removing tire this weekend and see if I can do anything by loosening and re-tightening the bolts etc. I don't know though as that usually just for door gap. Anyone have this problem?

edit: as far as pc goes, I knew already the evo pc was not great and dont really believe in pc on my 4x4 toys so I saved some money and ordered bare steel, rattle caned mine with rustoleum black satin, matched stock black fenders and bumpers.

Sponsored

Speedy3

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, e-tron, Triumph S3
quick q. can anyone confirm that the carrier will adjust in enough so that my 12.5 wide trail grappler on a mr106 (which only has 3.5 inches of backspace) can be pressed against the carrier arm so it won't move? the setup I'm running now won't pull in enough so the tire doesn't make contact which is causing movement.

lsp408

First Name
Li
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKUS
What hole did you end up using?
I did the 2nd from the top. I could have went down 1 more though
How much room you got between tire and bumper? I hope at least over 1.5 inches.

I think i am going to try the bottom hole which is 1.5 inches below the mid hole.

chiggerdude

First Name
Brian Head
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR and a 2010 JK - 2010 JK Sport
Vehicle Showcase
How much room you got between tire and bumper? I hope at least over 1.5 inches.

I think i am going to try the bottom hole which is 1.5 inches below the mid hole.
2" or so

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine this weekend. Had to make adjustments but overall, it ended up fitting well and feels really sturdy. However, the camera is not working. I get a message saying “camera system unavailable” and then it turns blue. I tried unplugging the camera (pink section) and clicked back on and I also did a hard restart by disconnecting the battery but nothing. Any clue what might have happened? My next try is to see behind the tailgate and see if anything else snapped off. Hopefully I didn’t pinch a wire.

A64A86BE-AE72-4709-85FA-0462F7A23002.jpeg

E2DEC663-D2BA-4AB4-A69D-7E3BD3771031.jpeg

Sponsored

NPE102414

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Installed mine this weekend. Had to make adjustments but overall, it ended up fitting well and feels really sturdy. However, the camera is not working. I get a message saying “camera system unavailable” and then it turns blue. I tried unplugging the camera (pink section) and clicked back on and I also did a hard restart by disconnecting the battery but nothing. Any clue what might have happened? My next try is to see behind the tailgate and see if anything else snapped off. Hopefully I didn’t pinch a wire.

A64A86BE-AE72-4709-85FA-0462F7A23002.jpeg

E2DEC663-D2BA-4AB4-A69D-7E3BD3771031.jpeg
There is really nothing to pinch or snap off, the wire runs from the camera to the harness in the tailgate, you may have damaged you camera altogether. When you get it squared away I would highly recommend the Teraflex camera mount and brake life relocation bracket, coat me $72 shipped, it was worth every penny. It’s so easy to take the light off if I need to change a flat. The Evo method is complete garbage, literally an afterthought. We have the same tires, I used the middle hole and it sits in a perfect spot for me. All in all I like the Evo carrier but I’m eventually going to sell it and get a different one because there’s a lot I don't like about it. I’m waiting to see what Teraflex comes out with before I make my final decision, Ruty’s Looks very well thought out and put together, so is the Motobilt version, decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

7F3B76AB-E738-47DF-AECD-E00DA633E1F0.jpeg

47D12C7F-C39E-4907-8D29-79D58151F316.jpeg

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
There is really nothing to pinch or snap off, the wire runs from the camera to the harness in the tailgate, you may have damaged you camera altogether. When you get it squared away I would highly recommend the Teraflex camera mount and brake life relocation bracket, coat me $72 shipped, it was worth every penny. It’s so easy to take the light off if I need to change a flat. The Evo method is complete garbage, literally an afterthought. We have the same tires, I used the middle hole and it sits in a perfect spot for me. All in all I like the Evo carrier but I’m eventually going to sell it and get a different one because there’s a lot I don't like about it. I’m waiting to see what Teraflex comes out with before I make my final decision, Ruty’s Looks very well thought out and put together, so is the Motobilt version, decisions, decisions, decisions!!!

7F3B76AB-E738-47DF-AECD-E00DA633E1F0.jpeg

47D12C7F-C39E-4907-8D29-79D58151F316.jpeg
Yeah, not sure what it might be. If anything f I will just take it to the dealer and tell them it stopped working. My wheel is the problem. The damn ring is so small and pushed out and makes it hard to mount anything. The Evo one didn’t fit (not that I wanted to use it since it’s so shitty and not practical). I used the Mopar one that I had laying around for years. The first time I turned on the Jeep it gave me a message saying “camera not in position” or something along those lines. Once it was screwed in and mounted, it just gave me the “camera system unavailable” message. I don’t know what else to do to check..

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, what ring are you talking about, what was wrong with the wheel ?
Meant to say rim. It sticks out too much and there’s not much room to add anything above the camera. They replied to my email but mentioned they’ve never heard of the camera problem. Fml
Sponsored