New England Area Group Buy?

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
A few years ago someone here organized a group buy via a dealer in Connecticut and I'm wondering if another one may be planned. I tried searching but apparently I stink at that as I couldn't find anything. TIA!
Sponsored

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure how to organize one other than posting here and finding a dealer who will play ball. Also, at this point in the model year would it make more sense to wait for the 2022 model year? Throwing this thread out there to gauge interest. If you're interested, please let me know here or via PM if you'd rather not post it publicly. Thanks!

jcrewboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler Sport 2dr
I'm not sure how to organize one other than posting here and finding a dealer who will play ball. Also, at this point in the model year would it make more sense to wait for the 2022 model year? Throwing this thread out there to gauge interest. If you're interested, please let me know here or via PM if you'd rather not post it publicly. Thanks!
I didn't end up pulling trigger as I want a 2022. If a group buy doesn't work out I am willing to travel a bit. Everywhere I had reached out to in MA is not willing to play ball and go below invoice. I did the math and it was worth it for my order to go to Gupton at 7% below and get it shipped - still would come out ahead. Closest I came to was in NY state as they have only $75 doc fee - but as Billet silver was discontinued and 22's around the corner willing to wait

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
>>>Closest I came to was in NY state as they have only $75 doc fee - but as Billet silver was discontinued and 22's around the corner willing to wait<<<

1. Holy crap, silver is discontinued?!? That stinks.
2. NY State would be a whole lot closer for me (NH here) than Gupton in Tennessee. Too bad I can't order it through Gupton and have it shipped to a NH dealer :)

Care to share a ballpark figure on shipping?

Sponsored

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll guess I have to hit up some other forums too (RAM Trucks, Gladiator forums, Dodge forums, etc.) to find others who may be interested in a group purchase.

Schuter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado 2500
Not sure where in NE you are, but try Adam Silver at Central Jeep in MA. I could not find time to go to Gupton so I tried Adam, very straight forward and easy to deal with. MSRP of $66,495 and he offered $60,100 + $497 doc fee. I could have saved a bit more through Gupton but it just wasn't in the schedule. [email protected] - Tell him that Andy Hunter sent you.

jcrewboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler Sport 2dr
>>>Closest I came to was in NY state as they have only $75 doc fee - but as Billet silver was discontinued and 22's around the corner willing to wait<<<

1. Holy crap, silver is discontinued?!? That stinks.
2. NY State would be a whole lot closer for me (NH here) than Gupton in Tennessee. Too bad I can't order it through Gupton and have it shipped to a NH dealer :)

Care to share a ballpark figure on shipping?
I am in Boston- metroWest. Shipping to my zip was around $950 I recall

Sponsored

jcrewboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler Sport 2dr
Did you have an approximate timeframe for purchase?
I read that 22 order banks open beginning of October- with delivery in December. I would be ready to pull trigger at most within a couple of days of opening assuming options are pretty straightforward

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MSRP of $66,495 and he offered $60,100 + $497 doc fee

Was this on a Jeep you ordered through them, or one they had in stock? Just curious...

Last edited:

Bos617

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Tough to put a $$ value on it, but MA has very consumer friendly lemon laws, but they only apply if you are a MA resident who purchased the vehicle in MA.

Just something to keep in mind before ordering out of state.

OP
OP
L1011

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read that 22 order banks open beginning of October- with delivery in December. I would be ready to pull trigger at most within a couple of days of opening assuming options are pretty straightforward
Bummer it's October. I was hoping to order a bit sooner (before the family CFO changes her mind :) ) but if that's when it is, I can wait until then.