Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURD
I had some funny things happening too. When I started the jeep last night to go for a drive, the lights were just flickering and then the low beams or high beams wouldn’t come on. The DRLs were working , was odd. Seemed to work after 2 restarts of the Jeep.

@Diode Dynamics is there any benefit for those of us with a Tazer to switch the vehicle settings to LED when replacing halogen lamps?
Yes if you're jeep came stock with halogens, it will flash randomly then main light will go out. I drove around the block a few times with no issues, then later went to go on a run and it kept going out. Switched to led headlight setting with tazer and all was good since.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
yup, stock led package.
Good afternoon,

If you're still experiencing issues with your headlights, please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to help you with that!

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Yes if you're jeep came stock with halogens, it will flash randomly then main light will go out. I drove around the block a few times with no issues, then later went to go on a run and it kept going out. Switched to led headlight setting with tazer and all was good since.
It looks like you were prying on those plugs from the wrong side, a small flathead inside the locking clip area will get them separated easily. Also, no need to pull fenders, just pop out the liners. I've had to do it three times for the AAL turn signals. Second time was yanking the garbage resistors they sent and the third was replacing a turn signal that went bad. Each time I only pulled the liners. Get a christmas tree removal tool but be ready to have to replace some, those clips aren't the highest of quality.

The lights look awesome, I may consider replacing my Oracle Bi-LEDs with these.

There is the fuse box on the passenger side of a 2.0L, right behind the battery.
1675619392004.png
The connectors were stuck together unfortunately. I had a small flathead inside prying them apart and it finally released. I have a feeling that never having been disconnected and having a bunch of dirt/dust getting in there just a little bit got them stuck. It was not an easy task on either side. There was no way I'd have been able to get them apart without taking the fenders off. I read that you have to drill out some black clips if you want to just pull out the liners. Taking the fenders off is really easy now that I know how they're constructed. I pulled the passenger side off super quick and didn't break any clips except for the black one that WILL break, no way around it.

It was a good learning experience too though, I'll probably pull the fenders off when I install the lift kit too because it really is only like 2 minutes, now that I know what I'm doing.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I haven't adjusted mine yet but they only shine light 2 centerlines long. It's actually pretty dangerous, I can't see the road at all. Hoping to get to Walmart tonight and use the side of their building to adjust these things. I can currently drive with the high beams on and no one flashes me.

Sponsored

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
Good afternoon,

If you're still experiencing issues with your headlights, please go ahead and give us a call at 314-205-3033 Monday-Friday 10 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST, or shoot us an email at [email protected], and our service team would be happy to help you with that!
yes, I’m still experiencing this, I was going to reset the Amber drl mode in hopes of fixing the issue, I just haven’t had time with work. I will give you a call tomorrow or Friday though If that doesn’t resolve the issue. Thank you.

First Name
Mark & Misty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Ford F350
Got my elite max headlights yesterday for my 23 JLURD and I'm really impressed with how easy the install went. The biggest job was figuring out I needed to use j scan to set my headlights to led. Using the stock halogen setup in the computer causes a very very DANGEROUS condition at night where the light will shut off at any time. I was lucky I was on a back road I know we'll when the blacked out on me. I read the instructions over and over watched the videos offered and don't recall seeing anything about this HUGE piece of the install puzzle. I found the information here at this forum so thanks for the post about setting up the led lights in the jl computer with j scan.
Once I set the computer with j scan to led lights they work flawless and seem brighter too! I love being able to plug into the factory harness!

I only had to take out the inner fender liner partially in the passenger front to get to the connectors on the passenger side. It was so easy to route the wires and plug them up. The driver side required no removal of anything I guess because my driverside fuse box is located on top of the master cylinder in the diesel. I little bit tight to get to but very doable. The grill as others have said is easy but needs a firm pull at the bottom. Had to set my winch off in my case to get the grill off. I ran my harness that connects the headlights together across the grill support that the grill attaches to, this for me made a much cleaner install!

I'm very impressed with the lights, I get lots of folks checking them out jeepers and non jeepers. I think the are well worth the money!!

PXL_20230209_000735252.NIGHT.jpg

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I haven't adjusted mine yet but they only shine light 2 centerlines long. It's actually pretty dangerous, I can't see the road at all. Hoping to get to Walmart tonight and use the side of their building to adjust these things. I can currently drive with the high beams on and no one flashes me.
This video should be helpful regarding aiming your headlights!

yes, I’m still experiencing this, I was going to reset the Amber drl mode in hopes of fixing the issue, I just haven’t had time with work. I will give you a call tomorrow or Friday though If that doesn’t resolve the issue. Thank you.
Our customer service team looks forward to assisting you!

Got my elite max headlights yesterday for my 23 JLURD and I'm really impressed with how easy the install went. The biggest job was figuring out I needed to use j scan to set my headlights to led. Using the stock halogen setup in the computer causes a very very DANGEROUS condition at night where the light will shut off at any time. I was lucky I was on a back road I know we'll when the blacked out on me. I read the instructions over and over watched the videos offered and don't recall seeing anything about this HUGE piece of the install puzzle. I found the information here at this forum so thanks for the post about setting up the led lights in the jl computer with j scan.
Once I set the computer with j scan to led lights they work flawless and seem brighter too! I love being able to plug into the factory harness!

I only had to take out the inner fender liner partially in the passenger front to get to the connectors on the passenger side. It was so easy to route the wires and plug them up. The driver side required no removal of anything I guess because my driverside fuse box is located on top of the master cylinder in the diesel. I little bit tight to get to but very doable. The grill as others have said is easy but needs a firm pull at the bottom. Had to set my winch off in my case to get the grill off. I ran my harness that connects the headlights together across the grill support that the grill attaches to, this for me made a much cleaner install!

I'm very impressed with the lights, I get lots of folks checking them out jeepers and non jeepers. I think the are well worth the money!!

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics PXL_20230209_000735252.NIGHT
Our engineering team is currently working to resolve any ongoing issues with certain Jeep models.

These are designed to be a plug-and-play option without requiring Jscan.

We aren't working hard around the clock to diagnose and resolve this issue to provide and promise a true plug-and-play option on the market.

However, if users have already purchased our Elite Series headlights for their Jeep JL/JT then switching to LED with a scan is a quick and simple solution.

I've forwarded a priority alert for the JLURD as noted by user @TEAMSLO above too.

Thank you all for your feedback and support.

JRobes

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Mech Engineer
We aren't working hard around the clock to diagnose and resolve this issue...
10087250b12adf60b850c4c049e2447e56dc1bb3efe203cf69ab5ecef6336652.jpg

I realize this was probably just a typo, but glad you guys are staying committed to having these be truly plug and play without jscan. Once I see these working well for all users I'll be in line for a pair!

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics 10087250b12adf60b850c4c049e2447e56dc1bb3efe203cf69ab5ecef6336652

I realize this was probably just a typo, but glad you guys are staying committed to having these be truly plug and play without jscan. Once I see these working well for all users I'll be in line for a pair!
Our engineering team has a couple Jeeps in rotation through our testing bay currently.

Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Elite Series JL Wrangler & JT Gladiator LED Headlights from Diode Dynamics IMG_4437

We're proud to offer plug-and-play solutions to the automotive market. The solution should come soon thanks to our hardworking engineering team!

Sponsored

TEAMSLO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURD
Our engineering team has a couple Jeeps in rotation through our testing bay currently.
Too bad your far from Vegas, would have easily loaned you a diesel if needed as I'll be out of the country for a month starting next week.

CptFloridaMan

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport 2.0
Anyone compare these to the oracle oculus yet?

OUsoONErs

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Fire Chief
Clubs

I just got off of the phone with Diode Dynamics, I have factory halogen headlights. I purchased the Elite Max series headlights as a replacement for them because they were supposed to be plug and play. But it appears that this is not the case. You can read from others accounts that the lights will just go out without any warning. This is not good, it makes me leery of installing a light that has the ability to go off at any time. Now back to my phone call, Diode Dynamics acknowledged that there is an issue with the lights and said their engineering team is working on a fix for the lights. It was my understanding the fix, is to install a canbus inline to "trick" the ECM into thinking the lights are halogen and not led. It concerns me as well if this is a good fix. DD did say that if you use a Tazer, or a JSCAN or another type of programmer that you could change the ECM so that it knows you have LED lights. My Jeep, a 2021 JLUR is under warranty and I am not interested in having a Tazer hooked up that i have to remove every time I go to the dealership. I really didn't want to spend another $250 on top of the $1000 I have already invested.

I just thought i would share what is going on.

Please share your experiences as well.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT
Please share your experiences as well.

My experience is identical. My headlights (factory halogens, no tazer, no jscan) just randomly go out. Kinda the opposite of what you want headlights to do. Have little interest in owning a tazer. Would consider a jscan fix, except these were sold as a plug and play solution so the idea of dropping more money on top of the most expensive headlights on the market isn't exactly giving me warm and fuzzies.

Edit: I caved. Amazon is delivering my obd2 dongle tomorrow and my security gateway bypass Monday. Not thrilled...

Last edited:

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
Sorry I don’t have any helpful info. I’ll be trying to “fix” my lights tonight, as well as aim them and if not I’ll call them on Monday.

DA5EA74A-2DA7-4A82-B383-DD900F283122.jpeg
Sponsored