btkrausen

btkrausen

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I bought a Dana driveshaft for $430 to put on mine to take advantage of the Metalcloak system. It's really not a big deal in the grand scheme of putting on the Metalcloak kit, other than the extra money. It was actually one of the easiest modifications of the whole ordeal.

I ALMOST opted for shorter front shocks, or adding limit straps, but I came to my senses and asked myself why I even bothered with the lift kit if I wasn't going to take advantage of it's benefits.
Thanks for the reply. I'll likely just swap the driveshaft as well so I can take advantage of the lift kit's capabilities, as you said. I plan to wheel this Jeep along with it being my DD, so just being cautious I guess.
Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
My 0.02$ from someone also learning more about this stuff.... I used to think swapping drive shafts was a big deal. 10 years ago with my TJ, I purposely got the shorter lift to not swap my drive shaft. Fast forward and watching how other people handle... its not a big deal. Most I've watched on youtube, just wait and see if their shaft is hitting something or tearing up the boot and then replace when it does. And when you do, its a few hundred bucks and a bolt on thing. Don't over think it. Get the lift you want.

Portmod7

First Name
Porter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 2.0
Occupation
Mechanic
Thanks for the reply. I'll likely just swap the driveshaft as well so I can take advantage of the lift kit's capabilities, as you said. I plan to wheel this Jeep along with it being my DD, so just being cautious I guess.
You'll need a puller to get the yoke off the transfer case, but I think you should be able to rent one from your local parts store pretty easily. The yoke comes off easy, but pretty much impossible without a puller.
Sponsored