New Defender Factory Accessories

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
In the market for a JL. Been looking at other offerings before I take the plunge.
I like the new defender but i prefer the ruggedness and honesty of the Rubicon.
One thing I think Land River have done very well which suits the UK market which is less self-modification friendly than US is the amount of factory options available.

in particular I really like the adventure pack which includes the roof rack, side box storage and the side ladder.

Any after market brands looking to do something similar to this ladder?
Iā€™d be first in line, as soon as I buy the car that is.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Defender Factory Accessories EA0D226F-8953-4798-B0B7-80A5D9B3C655
Jeep Wrangler JL New Defender Factory Accessories 900FBA18-7518-409E-9D68-424412CBDA64
Sponsored

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Iā€™m not going to say you wonā€™t get any replies here, we donā€™t know, but arenā€™t there Defender forums where you might gat a better response?

OP
OP
Elementad

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Hi. Iā€™m looking to see if after market manufacturers (for Jeep accessories) looking to make something similar to this for the JL.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Ok, I like your thinking, hope you get some response.

Iā€™m really happy I gave up waiting for the new Defender and bought a Rubicon in February ā€˜19. From what Iā€™ve seen about the new Defender, for my usage, I have no regrets

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hi. Iā€™m looking to see if after market manufacturers (for Jeep accessories) looking to make something similar to this for the JL.
Yes ..... they make a few different versions of this.........
Jeep Wrangler JL New Defender Factory Accessories B0C85A32-F61E-44C9-AF28-FC5310B9FCB2

But I wouldnā€™t be calling your rig a ā€œcarā€, when you get one, on here, theyā€™ll come for you........:lipssealed:.......:)

Sponsored

KIVO

First Name
Kid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JLR 2.0
Occupation
Practical engineer
Ah.... Well, after I sold my JK, I actually had a reservation slot for a new 90.
The more got released about the new Defender, the more I realized it would not be my next offroader, cancelled my reservation, and got my money back.

As to why...
Complexity, and having owned a Jag, I know JLR and electronics are a not so good combination. Even more than the Wrangler, the new Defender is a running computer. Aftermarket - it is yet to be seen, what the aftermarket might offer for the new Defender, but I'm afraid it will never be of the size as for the "old" Deffy, let alone as huge as the Jeep one currently is. You can work yourself on Wranglers, and mod them to insanity. I doubt that will work for a new Defender. Its appearance, both external as internal is of a kind I'd be way more afraid to scratch it. As for the Wrangler, I do not really care, it is just that kind of vehicle similar as the old Defender, and scars do suit them - not the new Defender. No roof to be removed, let alone doors taken out. Most of what is currently available as for accessoires, is from JLR, and in general way overpriced - compared to that, Wrangler stuff is cheap. I do like the new Defender a lot, and messing around with my Wrangler is part of the joy of owning it, but the new Defender is all but owner friendly. You can rely on Wrangler specific forums like this one for about everything - I.e. an immense knowledge base -, if you were to buy a new Defender, you're about on your own, as too little of them sold (yet), even less taken offroad (yet).

OP
OP
Elementad

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Yes. Iā€™ve already decided on the rubicon as prefer itā€™s rugged and honest charm. In terms of accessories I do like the concept (the way itā€™s executed) for the defenders side ladder. I think itā€™s a very neat, functional design and wondered if anyone is developing a similar type of one for wrangler JL.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
In the market for a JL. Been looking at other offerings before I take the plunge.
I like the new defender but i prefer the ruggedness and honesty of the Rubicon.
One thing I think Land River have done very well which suits the UK market which is less self-modification friendly than US is the amount of factory options available.

in particular I really like the adventure pack which includes the roof rack, side box storage and the side ladder.

Any after market brands looking to do something similar to this ladder?
Iā€™d be first in line, as soon as I buy the car that is.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Defender Factory Accessories B0C85A32-F61E-44C9-AF28-FC5310B9FCB2
Lol - that guy looks way too excited about an extendable ladder...

I wonder what heā€™d do if you showed him this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/RSLUH67TrrXRUSkt7

Sponsored

Tdurden032

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
This isnā€™t directly related to the post but Iā€™ve always been a fan of the Defenders (all LR vehicles for that matter), the thing that has kept me from getting one is their reputation for reliability. Everyone that I know thatā€™s ever owned a LR/Range Rover product has just talked about their being mechanical/electrical nightmares. A buddy of mine has a LR4 right now, it looks great and he loves it (when itā€™s running), but itā€™s constantly in the shop, and he complains that the aftermarket support isnā€™t great which forces him to have to buy LR components, and they apparently cost a small fortune. Most recently, he went in for a timing belt replacement and apparently LandRover wonā€™t publish the necessary specs for the job as they only want their dealers to do the repairs - thatā€™s the sort of aggravation thatā€™s kept me away.

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
We have owned 5 JLR products over the years:
LR3
LR4
Evoque
Velar
F-Pace
Not had an issue with any! None, zip...and to boot, they have the best warranty out of all Luxury SUVs. I have had the Jaguar for over 4 years now, and the only time it's been back to dealer was for oil service.
I just test drove a Defender yesterday, and for the first time, walked away not "overly excited" like I was for the Velar or F Pace...
the good news...got to get back home to my 2020 Recon!!!!

This isnā€™t directly related to the post but Iā€™ve always been a fan of the Defenders (all LR vehicles for that matter), the thing that has kept me from getting one is their reputation for reliability. Everyone that I know thatā€™s ever owned a LR/Range Rover product has just talked about their being mechanical/electrical nightmares. A buddy of mine has a LR4 right now, it looks great and he loves it (when itā€™s running), but itā€™s constantly in the shop, and he complains that the aftermarket support isnā€™t great which forces him to have to buy LR components, and they apparently cost a small fortune. Most recently, he went in for a timing belt replacement and apparently LandRover wonā€™t publish the necessary specs for the job as they only want their dealers to do the repairs - thatā€™s the sort of aggravation thatā€™s kept me away.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Yes ..... they make a few different versions of this.........

But I wouldnā€™t be calling your rig a ā€œcarā€, when you get one, on here, theyā€™ll come for you........:lipssealed:.......:)
Roky,

I think that ladder was made for Colby. Itā€™s a bit small for anything else. You sure you didnā€™t make it for him?

OP
OP
Elementad

Elementad

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Iā€™m on my second (Jag) F Type at minute and the mrs is on her second Evoque. Weā€™ve enjoyed our ownership. I guess all manufacturers have lemons. Iā€™ve been reading about rusting hinges amongst other things on these JL boards.
Iā€™m not put off yet.
Sponsored