Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I had the 360 multi-terrain monitor (camera) on my Tacoma and it was very neat. However, the lack of definition and resolution made it useful for only basic stuff (eyeing distance from the sides of a trail).

Unfortunately, it’s not yet a substitute for a good spotter.
A camera will never be a good replacement for a skilled spotter.
Sponsored

SargeRubicon14

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Rock Red Pearl 2-door Wrangler Sahara (Sold); 2021 Sarge Green 4-door Wrangler Rubicon; 1995 Ford F250 XLT 7.3L Powerstroke
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Vehicle Showcase
I love driving red cone. I've never needed lockers or even to disconnect the sway bars on it. When I had it, my 2 door JK Sahara and my dads 4 door JK Sahara did it with no issues. That defender had a quite a few issues. Red cone is probably going to be the first trail I drive when my new JLUR gets delivered.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That Matt guy fron carwow is pompous and clueless when it comes to off roaders. He was comparing the Wrangler to the G class in one video and he said about the locking differentials "the Wrangler has only two" as in G class' 3 is better than the Wrnagler's 2. His videos are for an audience with primary school like levels of intelligence. Even the drag races they do are not credible.
This is a myth perpetuated by people who have no idea how Jeep transfer cases work, and believe “off-road capability” is determined by the number of switches on the dashboard.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
This is a myth perpetuated by people who have no idea how Jeep transfer cases work, and believe “off-road capability” is determined by the number of switches on the dashboard.
It's like TFL videos, dont care about their comentary, just the video of vehicles in action. Even a rig being driven by a poor driver can help determine it's performance

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
It's like TFL videos, dont care about their comentary, just the video of vehicles in action. Even a rig being driven by a poor driver can help determine it's performance
Yeah, TFL videos puzzle me. Some times they are spot-on; other times they are totally off the mark.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yeah, TFL videos puzzle me. Some times they are spot-on; other times they are totally off the mark.
It's almost like they are human.

I was going for a run this morning and was surprised as heck to see a brand-new 4-door Defender parked outside someone's house (far away in the "fancy" neighborhood, nowhere near my end of town lol). Definitely looks "plasticky" as some people mentioned. That grey square on the side windows with the huge Land Rover badge is very odd. It's a fairly big vehicle but doesn't look "mean" at all. It was a boring silver-ish color. Looked cool from the back with the spare, but from the front just kind of blah.

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
It's almost like they are human.

I was going for a run this morning and was surprised as heck to see a brand-new 4-door Defender parked outside someone's house (far away in the "fancy" neighborhood, nowhere near my end of town lol). Definitely looks "plasticky" as some people mentioned. That grey square on the side windows with the huge Land Rover badge is very odd. It's a fairly big vehicle but doesn't look "mean" at all. It was a boring silver-ish color. Looked cool from the back with the spare, but from the front just kind of blah.
In addition to being plasticky, to me it looks fairly dated--like LR3-era LR design. Maybe that was the point, who knows.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
In addition to being plasticky, to me it looks fairly dated--like LR3-era LR design. Maybe that was the point, who knows.
Yea, I can see that. From the back it didn't look half-bad to me; had the whole safari look going on, but from the sides and front it was all downhill.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The Defender's camera system is downright impressive. I can't believe my JLR doesn't even come with a front camera.
Personally really like the "3rd person" views. Didn't seem to help them get up the trail, but I would find it very useful

Sponsored

Forestdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6 Speed
I was surprised the Defender struggled that much. On paper it has good specs.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I was surprised the Defender struggled that much. On paper it has good specs.
Lockers are EVERYTHING in forward motion.

If you don't have lockers, you bettter have GREAT flex!

Ah, and here we find why the Defender cannot hold a candle to even a 4runner
Sponsored