Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
No prob. Yeah my cousin has the synergy arms with same miles on them, the sleeves inside the bushings are all falling out. Trying to convince him to say no to rubber lol
Me too! :rock:
Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Got mine done without removing coils. Was a pain in the ass but used a ball joint press and fought them out.

It drives much much much better now but that is just because of the amount of work to get them in ;)

Last edited:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I reckon I will also join this club...I just ordered the 'Pro' or poly bushing kit for my Steer Smarts trackbar to replace the standard rubber ones and since I have Teraflex IR arms, the only bushings I have left that are not flex-friendly are the axle side UCA's...

Glad to read oceanblue2019 was able to install without removing the springs...
I had those damm front springs in and out multiple times during my lift install, (Mopar instructions had reversed part numbers for L & R front springs) even going as far as ordering a replacement pair as we (myself and parts manager) thought one front spring was either defective or mislabeled (hard lean to left) and I just do not want to to re-do work that is now near perfect...(There is now no more than 1/8 inch difference side to side)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I reckon I will also join this club...I just ordered the 'Pro' or poly bushing kit for my Steer Smarts trackbar to replace the standard rubber ones and since I have Teraflex IR arms, the only bushings I have left that are not flex-friendly are the axle side UCA's...

Glad to read oceanblue2019 was able to install without removing the springs...
I had those damm front springs in and out multiple times during my lift install, (Mopar instructions had reversed part numbers for L & R front springs) even going as far as ordering a replacement pair as we (myself and parts manager) thought one front spring was either defective or mislabeled (hard lean to left) and I just do not want to to re-do work that is now near perfect...(There is now no more than 1/8 inch difference side to side)
Getting springs out is easier - just use appropriate cargo straps (2 per spring - one each side - 1500lb plus each) and jack the drivers side up and then ratchet it tight; then do the other side. Will hold the springs collapsed so you can get them out without at much fuss. I prefer this over a spring compressor as the strap can't come off.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Getting springs out is easier - just use appropriate cargo straps (2 per spring - one each side - 1500lb plus each) and jack the drivers side up and then ratchet it tight; then do the other side. Will hold the springs collapsed so you can get them out without at much fuss. I prefer this over a spring compressor as the strap can't come off.

I have had the front springs out so many times it is really pretty fast and easy...It's just the damm principle of taking them out yet again!!

Not really that concerned about getting the stock axle UCA bushings out (not looking to 'save' them) and I imagine removing the OEM bushings is the most challenging part of the install...

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
#winning .......:whew:........

drivers side.....

Jeep Wrangler JL New Currie Rock Jock Front End Housing Johnny Joint Kit for JL/JT A370B931-9448-4568-BE3F-705BEF4F0EAA

Passenger side........

Jeep Wrangler JL New Currie Rock Jock Front End Housing Johnny Joint Kit for JL/JT A00D25CB-8EE5-4358-9548-CC2FD9D92563

Never in my life had this much trouble getting a bushing out.......:swear:...................:)

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr

drivers side.....

Jeep Wrangler JL New Currie Rock Jock Front End Housing Johnny Joint Kit for JL/JT A00D25CB-8EE5-4358-9548-CC2FD9D92563

Passenger side........

Never in my life had this much trouble getting a bushing out.......:swear:...................:)
What the hell did you do to that poor thing! Lol!

OP
OP
limeade

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

drivers side.....

Passenger side........

I used an air chisel on them (after trying to beat them out) and that helped move them fairly easy. Guess I could've given that tip before you did yours. :blush:
Glad you got them out though!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
So guess we don't know if it was separated or in perfect condition like the drivers?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I used an air chisel on them (after trying to beat them out) and that helped move them fairly easy. Guess I could've given that tip before you did yours. :blush:
Glad you got them out though!
I started out using the tool they give you but I think after using it on the drivers side the end of it got a little mushroomed, and I wasn’t hitting the edge of the bushing cleanly. Then after a while i finally went to the air hammer and it still wouldn’t budge so I melted the bushing to get the center out, then smashed in the lipped side enough to push it in the wrong way enough to expose the edge , then was able to collapse that edge in to give me something to air hammer against. Finally got it..........:facepalm:

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So guess we don't know if it was separated or in perfect condition like the drivers?
Sorry, but I’m pretty sure it was same as drivers side, since I wasn’t experiencing any movement out of them.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

drivers side.....

Passenger side........

I laughed out loud on that one. Hahahaha

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Sorry, but I’m pretty sure it was same as drivers side, since I wasn’t experiencing any movement out of them.
Yeah this is still a mystery why mine were torn up but yours looked brand new.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah this is still a mystery why mine were torn up but yours looked brand new.
Yeah, crazy....... and you got a new axle recently to didn’t you ? They come with the bushings in therm IIRC. My front axle got replaced as well, but it was early on and not to many miles on it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Yeah, crazy....... and you got a new axle recently to didn’t you ? They come with the bushings in therm IIRC. My front axle got replaced as well, but it was early on and not to many miles on it.
Yup, and I even had to fix some issues after the axle replacement (they messed up my arm lengths, synergy steering, etc) so those upper arms were undone and re-torqued at ride height.

Makes me wonder if I have something else going on that would tear them but my Jeep is driving and performing awesome right now with no oddities on or off-road.
Sponsored