New Currie Rock Jock Front End Housing Johnny Joint Kit for JL/JT

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Can someone explain to me what these do in laymen terms? Description didn't help me much. When I look at the included pic it doesn't help me much. Thanks

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Can someone explain to me what these do in laymen terms? Description didn't help me much. When I look at the included pic it doesn't help me much. Thanks
Not to be an asshole but if you don't know you don't need them ;)

Sponsored

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Not to be an asshole but if you don't know you don't need them ;)
Well that was kinda asshole. I didn't install all full MC Gamechanger and 37s so I could drive to the mall. That said, excuse me if I'm not experienced as some.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Well that was kinda asshole. I didn't install all full MC Gamechanger and 37s so I could drive to the mall. That said, excuse me if I'm not experienced as some.
Hey, sorry. I meant more along the lines that if you've not gotten to the point that you have limitations due to the front upper bushings you likely don't need to replace them yet.

The concept is similar to your control arms. Factory uses clevite style bushings on the end of each arm, so 16 locations total.

Your MC arms replace 14 of those 16 factory bushings, and these are the last 2 not swapped.

What happens is when you free up your suspensions to articulate it's a battle of finding what's binding, solving that, to only find the next limitation.

Eventually those 2 left over front bushings will be the limit, or you will tear them apart so they are not the limit but then they no longer control your axle correctly ;)

Guys like @Roky and @Moto_21 show how much you can flex when everything is optimized.

So my point was if you know you are binding on your front bushings, or they are torn up, then you know you need these..... if you don't have those issues you may never need these....

Last edited:

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, sorry. I meant more along the lines that if you've not gotten to the point that you have limitations due to the front upper bushings you likely don't need to replace them yet.

The concept is similar to your control arms. Factory uses clevite style bushings on the end of each arm, so 16 locations total.

You MC arms replace 14 of those 16 factory bushings, and these are the last 2 not swapped.

What happens is when you free up your suspensions to articulate it's a battle of finding what's binding, solving that, to only find the next limitation.

Eventually those 2 left over front bearing will be the limit, or you will tear them apart so they are not the limit but then they no longer control your axle correctly ;)

Guys like @Roky and @Moto_21 show how much you can flex when everything is optimized.

So my point was if you know you are binding on your front bushings, or they are torn up, then you know you need these..... if you don't have those issues you may never need these....
It turns into this! Lol

6D56C352-B7F4-4F2C-8FBF-1BE273D08425.jpeg

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Install.....

The install tool it comes with is really heavy duty lol, im sure ill find other uses for it. Those jk ones dont have this tool. Probably why they cost so much more.

OP
OP
limeade

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just got the install instructions sent via email. They are very detailed and have very good pictures, wish all manufacturers did instructions this well. The included install tool drives out the old bushing and drives the new ones in.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Instructions they sent
Just got the install instructions sent via email. They are very detailed and have very good pictures, wish all manufacturers did instructions this well. The included install tool drives out the old bushing and drives the new ones in.
i tried linking the instructions here but the pdf was too large haha

OP
OP
limeade

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Instructions they sent

i tried linking the instructions here but the pdf was too large haha
Just looked, they're a larger file at 25.5mb!
Sponsored