First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
She wants new quartz kitchen counter tops.... in return I get long arms and front coil overs.....
Sponsored

thestein13

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Auditor
Anytime Roky! The wife wasn't too happy with me buying two kits, but what's a Jeeper to do?? This is the ONE part I've been patiently waiting for since the day I bought my first JLUR.

I think these are a MUST have for JL's which are used off road. I'm glad I reached out to Currie so I could let you know about them so you can J.E.E.P.!

I ordered directly from Currie. I too looked at NR4x4 and couldn't find them. It sounds like this was a part Currie developed but COVID caused some problems with their marketing/IT departments to know about it and put it out there for sale.
Just so people don't get confused, Rock Jock is now separate from Currie. Currie does axles and Rock Jock does suspension and steering. These parts are from Rock Jock.

Sponsored

OP
OP
limeade

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just so people don't get confused, Rock Jock is now separate from Currie. Currie does axles and Rock Jock does suspension and steering. These parts are from Rock Jock.
Yeah, I get that, but RJ is still part of the Currie Family. I was using the term Currie as that's how most people know/knew them and their Johnny Joint products.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
UPS is scheduled for a delivery today. Ordered a set for my 2019 JLUR last Wednesday, when limeade first posted this heads up thread. Less than a week, from door to door, on a part thats so new that they haven't even had a chance to print out instruction sheets.

Bravo Curry/Rock Jock! And thanks again for keeping us in the know, limeade!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
UPS is scheduled for a delivery today. Ordered a set for my 2019 JLUR last Wednesday, when limeade first posted this heads up thread. Less than a week, from door to door, on a part thats so new that they haven't even had a chance to print out instruction sheets.

Bravo Curry/Rock Jock! And thanks again for keeping us in the know, limeade!
Mine coming today too......:clap:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine coming today too......:clap:
Sweet! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on both the install and if it translates to a noticeable feeling from behind the wheel.

I'm gonna sit on mine for a short bit, and install them in the middle of swapping out the Synergy control arms for a full set of Metalcloak's.

Cheers, buddy!

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet! I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on both the install and if it translates to a noticeable feeling from behind the wheel.

I'm gonna sit on mine for a short bit, and install them in the middle of swapping out the Synergy control arms for a full set of Metalcloak's.

Cheers, buddy!
I noticed a difference on mine, seems like it handles better. A little bit. Nothing super dramatic feeling. However I needed new ones anyways so my case may be a little more noticeable. Front axle feels a little more free on movement too. Could be in my head

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed a difference on mine, seems like it handles better. A little bit. Nothing super dramatic feeling. However I needed new ones anyways so my case may be a little more noticeable. Front axle feels a little more free on movement too. Could be in my head
Thanks for chiming in. I pulled the factory control arms at about 10k miles out, and they were all starting to show the beginning signs of separation and stress cracks. I'm sure #'s 15 and 16 must be getting tired now, with 36k on the clock.

The Synergy arms are great at providing a solid foundation for overall ride and handling, but they are very much lacking when it comes to flexibility. I can feel the resistance they cause, and the adjuster bushings are spinning under the clamping force of the pinch bolts to compensate for the little misalignment provided by the bushings themselves.

I'm glad to hear about an improved freedom of flex movement, while still providing proper rigidity.

Last edited:

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
It handles like this?

Jeep Wrangler JL New Currie Rock Jock Front End Housing Johnny Joint Kit for JL/JT 1604414530116

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for chiming in. I pulled the factory control arms at about 10k miles out, and they were all starting to show the beginning signs of separation and stress cracks. I'm sure #'s 15 and 16 must be getting tired now, with 36k on the clock.

The Synergy arms are great at providing a solid foundation for overall ride and handling, but they are very much lacking when it comes to flexibility. I can feel the resistance they cause, and the adjuster bushings are spinning under the clamping force of the pinch bolts to compensate for the little misalignment provided by the bushings themselves.

I'm glad to hear about an improved freedom of flex movement, while still providing proper rigidity.
No prob. Yeah my cousin has the synergy arms with same miles on them, the sleeves inside the bushings are all falling out. Trying to convince him to say no to rubber lol

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No prob. Yeah my cousin has the synergy arms with same miles on them, the sleeves inside the bushings are all falling out. Trying to convince him to say no to rubber lol
:rock:
Sponsored