MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I read through them. I plan on using my ball joint tools so I don’t have to uninstall so much crap. Hope there is room for it. Really rather not pull springs and everything. (But will if I have to!)
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I read through them. I plan on using my ball joint tools so I don’t have to uninstall so much crap. Hope there is room for it. Really rather not pull springs and everything. (But will if I have to!)
Same, ill be doing them tomorrow ill report back with how it goes. Also hoping they work on my UD44 pssenger side, the housing is a little different

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely!

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Same, ill be doing them tomorrow ill report back with how it goes. Also hoping they work on my UD44 pssenger side, the housing is a little different
Mine will be here Tuesday, I plan on using your instructions, so please use small words, and a lot of pics.........:)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I don't understand why they want you to pull the springs?

Limeaide you never should have linked to these as I brought up my RK issues and RockJock was happy to tell me how to solve it ;)

Solve it is best done with their long arm JL setup.....

Sponsored

OP
OP
limeade

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I was also thinking or trying my ball joint press too. I'll be watching to see if it works out for you.

OP
OP
limeade

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand why they want you to pull the springs?

Limeaide you never should have linked to these as I brought up my RK issues and RockJock was happy to tell me how to solve it ;)

Solve it is best done with their long arm JL setup.....
My guess is so you have room to drive out the bushings.

Next time, I'll keep all the cool, new, just released parts to myself!! ;)

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
One down. Used the press to take old one out, just stuck the stem of the press on the metal sleeve and kept turning and it eventually popped right out with a nice loud bang. To install, i had to use the tool they gave and hammer it in with my short 4lb sledge. Press wont fit in there to install it back. Was pretty simple just took a lot of hammering

CE68A881-9BA6-4668-885E-7A506894DF55.jpeg

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Fully done. Passenger side is a little weird on the UD44 its hollow in the center so it makes lining it up kind of a pain in the ass, no room for the hammer, luckily i was able to use the press and get it in. Took a little trial and error to find pieces that would fit over it and fit in the space, but i got lol. Much better than those garbage rubber bushings.

38C25FDD-5223-4B18-8396-5CDC4AB0DB65.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
limeade

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Fully done. Passenger side is a little weird on the UD44 its hollow in the center so it makes lining it up kind of a pain in the ass, no room for the hammer, luckily i was able to use the press and get it in. Took a little trial and error to find pieces that would fit over it and fit in the space, but i got lol. Much better than those garbage rubber bushings.

Jeep Wrangler JL New Currie Rock Jock Front End Housing Johnny Joint Kit for JL/JT 38C25FDD-5223-4B18-8396-5CDC4AB0DB65
Looks great! Any disassembly (other than UCA's)?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! Any disassembly (other than UCA's)?
Not in my case. Might have been a tad easier with track bar moved on passenger side but didnt feel like creating more work. I will say if you have standard springs it will be even more of a pain, it might be right in the way of where the hammer and press go. I was right up against the bumpstop with the press and hammer

OP
OP
limeade

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not in my case. Might have been a tad easier with track bar moved on passenger side but didnt feel like creating more work. I will say if you have standard springs it will be even more of a pain, it might be right in the way of where the hammer and press go. I was right up against the bumpstop with the press and hammer
Good to know, thanks!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Ok, so I need to order coil-overs as an "installation tool" right?

OP
OP
limeade

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I need to order coil-overs as an "installation tool" right?
Here's how that would go:

Me: Hey honey, so I need coilovers to install this new Currie part....
Wife: Oh ok....
Me: Gee thanks!
Wife: Wait a second, how much?
Me: Not much, like 2 grand is all....plus installation, and I'll probably need some more things too.
Wife: Yeah, I don't think so! (after she slaps me)

So good luck with that @oceanblue2019 !
Sponsored