rs680

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just got these brackets in the mail today. Maybe try and install this weekend.
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Cowl Mount LED Brackets for 2018-2019 JL Wrangler {filename}
Jeep Wrangler JL NEW! Cowl Mount LED Brackets for 2018-2019 JL Wrangler {filename}

Sponsored

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

Want to know what allows our Stage Series LED Light Bars to provide next-level light output? Check this video out!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

I am seriously interested in the Amber 6" simply due to the DOT certifications, however I have a few questions:

What is the lumen output of the amber and the clear/white?
What is the wattage?
What is the LPW both white and amber?
What is the Beam pattern (angle).
Can you provide a picture of the included bracket?
Also if I purchase do I also get any DOT/SAE documentation in the event I am called out for using these on the roads?

Also out of curiosity how do you claim to eliminate internal lumen loss when at the very least a lens creates internal lumen lost to the the refraction properties of any lens. I would also assume that NO reflectors are used and this is 100% direct light?

Let me add one more question you say you offer Pure white, so is that to say you also have 5000K lamps, as 6000K is not considered true white by the lighting industry.

I like your product however your marketing leaves out very important specifications.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I am seriously interested in the Amber 6" simply due to the DOT certifications, however I have a few questions:

What is the lumen output of the amber and the clear/white?
What is the wattage?
What is the LPW both white and amber?
What is the Beam pattern (angle).
Can you provide a picture of the included bracket?
Also if I purchase do I also get any DOT/SAE documentation in the event I am called out for using these on the roads?

Also out of curiosity how do you claim to eliminate internal lumen loss when at the very least a lens creates internal lumen lost to the the refraction properties of any lens. I would also assume that NO reflectors are used and this is 100% direct light?

Let me add one more question you say you offer Pure white, so is that to say you also have 5000K lamps, as 6000K is not considered true white by the lighting industry.

I like your product however your marketing leaves out very important specifications.
Hey there - happy to answer your questions, and most of your questions are actually on the product listing on our site if you want to check that out! https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-6-sae-dot-amber-light-bar-one.html#spec.tab

The 6-inch lightbars have a "raw" or "calculated" value of 2280 lumens for white, with a measured output of 1400 lumens. However, I'd encourage you to compare candela figures instead, as that tells the story of how much light is actually shining in the correct direction. Lumen ratings are not used for any factory vehicle lighting system, as it is not an effective way to describe how much light ends up on target. Further, the vast majority of lumen figures are inflated and should not be trusted at face value.

The wattage of the 6-inch bar is 26.6W. The LPW for the system is around 85 calculated lumens for white. Please check out the specs for other colors on the site, or to determine the measured LPW, if needed!

The beam pattern is as follows: Driving, 20°x8°, Flood, 80°x50°

The included bracket is two of these, one for each side (one is reversed: http://images.diodedynamics.com/global/stage_series/spec_diagram/HM0017 Mounting Bracket.pdf

You may request a certificate after purchase if you'd like for SAE compliance, based on the lamp that you purchase. We don't have it available for download at the moment. Thanks!

No reflectors are used. The TIR in these lightbars is about 55% effeicient at getting light from the surface of the LED to the target area of illumination. More light shines where we want it, instead of ending up as glare. Most partial lens systems are around 45% effeicient, and reflectors are usually as low as 30%. This is what we are referring to in terms of optical efficiency.

"Pure" white is not a defined term in any area of the lighting industry to my knowledge. We use 5700K LEDs that warm up to around 6000K. They match the factory OEM LED headlights and DRLs on the JL, for example. We use "pure" for marketing purposes, to refer to the lack of blue color in the light. Most people associate 6000K with a blue color, which is not accurate.

Thanks,
Paul
Diode Dynamics