Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I share the sentiment of @mikej when I'm also torn on these. I run a pair of cubes on each cowl and one down each fender (in the event I want to lower the windshield). I favor the creativity, but I don't like all the exposed wire. That said, this is the first I've seen of an offering that mounts more than a single cube and allows for the windshield to be lowered. It also looks like the cubes can be pivoted outwards.

With the 2-pod configuration, is it possible to tuck the wire for the lower cube behind the upper? The black-on-black pictures here & on your website make it challenging to see how this could look.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I share the sentiment of @mikej when I'm also torn on these. I run a pair of cubes on each cowl and one down each fender (in the event I want to lower the windshield). I favor the creativity, but I don't like all the exposed wire. That said, this is the first I've seen of an offering that mounts more than a single cube and allows for the windshield to be lowered. It also looks like the cubes can be pivoted outwards.

With the 2-pod configuration, is it possible to tuck the wire for the lower cube behind the upper? The black-on-black pictures here & on your website make it challenging to see how this could look.
Great question! It should be possible. On our shop JL, there was more than enough room between the panels to tuck our thicker-gauge heavy duty harness. And, I'm sure if you spent some time on it, you could do a much cleaner job hiding wiring than what's shown in our images. We installed/uninstalled so many different combinations of lights during testing, we never did a "final" installation where we cleaned up the wiring.

Hope this helps!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Great question! It should be possible. On our shop JL, there was more than enough room between the panels to tuck our thicker-gauge heavy duty harness. And, I'm sure if you spent some time on it, you could do a much cleaner job hiding wiring than what's shown in our images. We installed/uninstalled so many different combinations of lights during testing, we never did a "final" installation where we cleaned up the wiring.

Hope this helps!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics
This is certainly very helpful, Jake... thank you.

Sponsored

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
Heads up to other buyers. When you install these brackets-put the upper two bolts and spacers in first and then the bottom bolt. The Bracket will flex a little bit. I did one side bottom bolt first and then upper holes are off a fraction and managed to cross thread an upper bolt. Get them all started before you tighten them down. Also-there is room to run 2 cables out through gap in cowl for multiple lights.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Heads up to other buyers. When you install these brackets-put the upper two bolts and spacers in first and then the bottom bolt. The Bracket will flex a little bit. I did one side bottom bolt first and then upper holes are off a fraction and managed to cross thread an upper bolt. Get them all started before you tighten them down. Also-there is room to run 2 cables out through gap in cowl for multiple lights.
Thanks for posting this! I'm sorry you ran into an issue, and will be sure to pass this on to our team. If you need any replacement hardware, just shoot me a PM!

Jake H.
Diode Dynamics

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks a bunch for the tidbit... I'm still on the fence.
Sponsored