Sponsored

New colors available on the Gladiator! Available for JL soon?

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

I think the gobi/tan may be with the 2019 jeep wranglers. I remember in one of the threads that talked about the 2019s, the guy who works on the engines mentioned he saw a 2019 being towed away in a tan color, but it was raining. This could be an indication that gobi will be available as a late color. I really hope so!
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
If they offer Gobi or an army green color late this model year I will be very upset. I have always thought the earth / military colors look sweet on a wrangler. Here in AZ the Orange is a good fit too though.

If they do, I Guess I would have to hope they would still be around in 2 or 3 years when I plan to swap out my 2019 Punk’n JLUR with the 3.6 for an eco-diesel. (Want to wait at least a year after its release to let the bugs get worked out) a Diesel Rubicon has always been my dream, so that will be next unless ford hits a home run with the Bronco, or decides to bring the Ranger Raptor to the US (hopefully with a diesel option).

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
According to some factory workers on another thread, the Jeep manufacturing process is only set up to produce 9 colors at a time. Which is why Mojito had to be discontinued to make way for Bikini. So if we are going to get the army green, tan, or lighter blue for the Wrangler, would require Jeep to discontinue an existing color. I agree with other posters that we could do without at least one of the grey options in the ‘18/19 lineup.
so why 5 shades of gray? can see this on LX cars, get a few high impact for challenger charger and the boring grays for 300, but on these no need, have more colors and 1 or 2 silver and gunmetal stuff. guess I dont care now since got the punkn, but the mojito, blues etc should be offered.

Weedwacker

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley
These are all recycled colors we've seen before. Gator is what used to be called Tank from what I've seen.
If Gator turns out to be Tank I am sold. Wife be damned. I will be sleeping in the Jeep for a few months. Oh well, won't be the first time. ;)

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Since most of these colors are recycled, they need to bring back Anvil. What a great color. I was going to order that on my 2015 JK but they discontinued it right before I ordered and had to settle with Tank, which was ok. Still, I love Anvil.

Sponsored

whit

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU
I think the gobi/tan may be with the 2019 jeep wranglers. I remember in one of the threads that talked about the 2019s, the guy who works on the engines mentioned he saw a 2019 being towed away in a tan color, but it was raining. This could be an indication that gobi will be available as a late color. I really hope so!
Nah he corrected himself a few posts later and said no tan after all.

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Even though it's year 2 for the wrangler, nothing but the same bland generic colors that they released in year one. While the Gladiator has military themed gobi and gator colors right off the bat.

Come on, Jeep. Get it together!!!

Gator.jpg

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Sting-gray, Gobi, and Gator are going to look amazing on that truck.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
I'm still waiting for someone to manufacture a camper shell similar in style of a regular JLU hardtop. Should make it look like an extended JLU if done right.

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
Since most of these colors are recycled, they need to bring back Anvil. What a great color. I was going to order that on my 2015 JK but they discontinued it right before I ordered and had to settle with Tank, which was ok. Still, I love Anvil.
I loooooooove Anvil!!! Wish they had it now!
Sponsored