New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions

toblerthedog

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S6, Sting Gray JLUR
As it stands, it looks like only about 1/2 of the existing rivets/holes line up properly, requiring additional holes to be drilled and riveted to install. I'm waiting to install these on a '22 392 (not sure if the factory flare rivets are in the same spot or not).
That's correct...you will need to drill ~4-new holes (for each trim piece) to completely secure. The remaining holes line up with your existing trim. This was a pretty easy 2-hr project. Here's a bunch of after pics...

Jeep Wrangler JL New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions IMG_4026.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions IMG_4018.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions IMG_4019.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions IMG_4020.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions IMG_4021.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions IMG_4022.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions IMG_4023.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions IMG_4024.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions IMG_4025.JPEG
Sponsored

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
Looks good, mine are still backordered. Dig the clear side markers.

apf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392 AEV JL370
That's correct...you will need to drill ~4-new holes (for each trim piece) to completely secure. The remaining holes line up with your existing trim. This was a pretty easy 2-hr project. Here's a bunch of after pics...

IMG_4026.JPEG
IMG_4018.JPEG
IMG_4019.JPEG
IMG_4020.JPEG
IMG_4021.JPEG
IMG_4022.JPEG
IMG_4023.JPEG
IMG_4024.JPEG
IMG_4025.JPEG
Nice, looks great! Did you use mopar rivets or purchase them elsewhere?

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650

Thanks for the update, looks good. Did you get the rivets from the dealer or aftermarket? What tool did you use to install them?

Thanks!

toblerthedog

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S6, Sting Gray JLUR
Last edited:

Sponsored

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon

Jeep Wrangler JL New Challenge - Part #s for XR fender trim extensions IMG_4025.JPEG
What size bit did you use to drill the holes?

laurankoby

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport Altitude, 2020 Jeep Wrangler
Sorry if its already been asked before but I am not having any luck finding the answer... I bought these fender extenders for my Jeep that is NOT a rubicon. I have JL sport altitude. I was told they could be modified to fit but I am not finding any modification instructions. Can anyone help? Please... 😥

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry if its already been asked before but I am not having any luck finding the answer... I bought these fender extenders for my Jeep that is NOT a rubicon. I have JL sport altitude. I was told they could be modified to fit but I am not finding any modification instructions. Can anyone help? Please... 😥
Not sure if anyone has posted any instructions. From the photos that have been posted, it appears the extensions are too long for the Sport and will have to be trimmed. Additional holes have to be drilled even on the Rubicon so I would expect to have to do that as well.

EDIT - @laurankoby - here is another thread with posts where they installed the flares on a Sahara, so hopefully some information there:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...xtensions-jlreconflareext.89538/#post-1904284
Sponsored

Last edited: