Sponsored

New Bumper With No Hardware, Will it Work?

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Have a chance to get a bumper at a good deal but has no hardware. I have a JLUR w/plastic bumper on the way, will I be able to install the bumper with the existing hardware or need to be new hardware?
This is the bumper I can get below (Aluminum version)
Jeep Wrangler JL New Bumper With No Hardware, Will it Work? 1611401414919
Sponsored

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
The bumper is held on with 8 nuts that screw into studs on the back of the red tow hooks. You just replace the bumper and reuse the 8 nuts. Not sure about the lights and wiring as my bumper came with those already installed. Quadratec has the directions on their site: JL Rubicon Bumper MASTER.FH11 (quadratec.com)

dirtydawgsrubi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLUR
I swapped mine out. You will need a couple of fog light brackets to reinstall yours (at least with the LED version). If you are installing the factory skid then you need to install a couple of brackets to bolt it into. I bought the brackets, bolts and rivnuts at quadratrac. I got the relocation brackets for the fog lights off Amazon as they were out of stock at quadratrec at the time.

dirtydawgsrubi

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLUR
If you get that bumper and it doesnā€™t come with fog light mounting brackets let me know. I may have an extra pair in the garage. Also do a quick search in the forums on bumper swaps as thereā€™s some good stuff posted. I wish Iā€™d found this forum before I started doing mods. Great people and great info.

jc_clark

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Are there more bumpers like that available? For the right price, I might be willing to buy one, as well.
Sponsored