New Bronco on display at Costco

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Saw the new Bronco on display inside my local Costco. The thing was so underwhelming, that I didn't even bother to walk over and look at it, and it was only a few feet away. This was the Bronco sport, perhaps the other models have more presence, but this one looked like a miniature RR Defender.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Saw the new Bronco on display inside my local Costco. The thing was so underwhelming, that I didn't even bother to walk over and look at it, and it was only a few feet away. This was the Bronco sport, perhaps the other models have more presence, but this one looked like a miniature RR Defender.
It was the Bronco Sport. Nothing like the Bronco that is going to compete against Jeep.

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
The "Bronco" and the "Bronco Sport" are two totally different vehicles. The Bronco is built to compete with the Wrangler. The Bronco Sport is a SUV built to compete with the Jeep Renegade, and many other SUV's. I feel Ford made a big mistake with the naming of these two vehicles, which are two totally different vehicles.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
The "Bronco" and the "Bronco Sport" are two totally different vehicles. The Bronco is built to compete with the Wrangler. The Bronco Sport is a SUV built to compete with the Jeep Renegade, and many other SUV's. I feel Ford made a big mistake with the naming of these two vehicles, which are two totally different vehicles.
100% agree.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
I'm looking out the window at a Bronco "warthog" at my neighbors house. Has a "M" plate on it. Same color scheme as my Willys. Yellow with black soft top and black wheels.
I don't hate it, but it's not a Jeep ;)
I drive to the UP of Michigan a lot and it is great what you see on I-94, I-75, or US-23 in Southern Michigan between Ann Arbor and Detroit. So many new stuff with M-plates on them, some obscured a bit or a little covered, other stuff pre-production vehicles that you only see online till a few months later. Really early last year I saw the Mustang Mach-E on US-23 heading towards Ohio and stalked it a little. I totally want one now!

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Here is the website for you all to get educated on the Bronco. So many posts ripping on the Bronco when really you are seeing the Bronco Sport and they really are two completely different vehicles.
https://www.ford.com/bronco/?gnav=eyebrow-brand-brnco
I blame Ford for that. They should have released the full Bronco first. They are diluting the brand with the Bronco Sport (though i think it will outsell the full Bronco).

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking out the window at a Bronco "warthog" at my neighbors house. Has a "M" plate on it. Same color scheme as my Willys. Yellow with black soft top and black wheels.
I don't hate it, but it's not a Jeep ;)

Jeep Wrangler JL New Bronco on display at Costco IMG_20210503_190503570_HDR
That soft top appears to fit rather loosely.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I blame Ford for that. They should have released the full Bronco first. They are diluting the brand with the Bronco Sport (though i think it will outsell the full Bronco).
True.

When launching two different models that are related, automakers normally launch the more prestigious/premium model first to set the tone on the market; then add the cheaper models a few months later to piggyback on the “prestige” set by the premium model and expand sales volume.

I’m sure Ford originally planned to do it this way, but endless unplanned delays got in the way.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
I was under the impression that the Bronco Sport was a rebadged Ford Escape. My daughter and I were at the local Ford Dealer Saturday, and she was looking at the Bronco Sport, and the ones they had on the lot were in the $28,000 range and the Escapes were in the $32,000 range. For what it's worth, she thinks the Bronco Sport looks much better than the Ford Escape. 😁

Best,
-Tim
Sponsored