Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Oh boy another thread full of a bunch of jealous Bronco haters. Yeah the Wrangler JL had zero problems when it was launched and continued for years and still actually has them.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
All of these ongoing mishaps have the potential to tarnish Bronco’s reputation.

Ford’s underlying mission for Bronco was to deliver everything Jeep delivers, with a degree of quality Jeep owners supposedly weren’t getting.

Instead, Bronco has introduced a few quality gaffes of its own.

It remains to be seen whether Bronco owners will be as understanding of quality problems as Jeep owners have been over the years. At the very least, these problems blow a hole on Bronco’s picture-perfect marketing.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Oh boy another thread full of a bunch of jealous Bronco haters. Yeah the Wrangler JL had zero problems when it was launched and continued for years and still actually has them.
We didn't write the article. And no one said that JLs had no problems. But on the other hand we have been hearing how Ford was going to beat the Wrangler with their quality and reliability and about how FCA sucks at everything. Well it turns out it isn't as easy to build a Jeep clone as it seems.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Another daily Bronco bashing thread….smh
I wonder if the Bronco’s backup camera lines work? 🤔
Bottom line….I’m actually excited about the new Bronco, but I still like my Jeep better. We need some liable competition.

Last edited:

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Your posts lashing out at anything skeptical of the Bronco are getting increasingly cringeworthy. Given all the bravado over the past year about how much better the Bronco was going to be on it’s competitor’s site, including it’s hard top, you reap what you sow. Can’t have your cake and eat it too..

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Ford botched this launch. I’m glad I held back to get a Warthog.

The top manufacturer has had all sorts of production issues from day one it seems. Reports have been that many of the issues are from the executive and management levels treating workers like crap. Morale is so bad that Ford sent their own people there get things fixed. It seems they still haven’t gotten it right.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Another daily Bronco bashing thread….smh
I wonder if the Bronco’s backup camera lines work? 🤔
Bottom line….I’m actually excited about the new Bronco, but I still like my Jeep better. We need some liable competition.
I am excited there is fresh competition also. Competition is ultimately better for the end consumers. The Bronco is hardly out and Jeep is already offering more for consumers. The Bronco has a optional Sasquatch package with 35" tires and Beadlock capable wheels. Jeep is countering with a Xtreme Recon package that has 35" tires and Beadlock capable wheels. This type of "one-up" is what drives both brands to offer more and improve it's products. Hopefully it's more than options that improve. It would be nice to see higher QC and a better end product from both brands. I would love to see MUCH improved customer service from dealers.

Some of these improvements can be slow. 3 years later and Jeep still has QC issues with it's Infotainment system, Uconnect, radios, back-up camera. Ford easily best Jeep with their back-up camera. The Bronco's huge screen is nice. The Bronco's 360 degree camera view and front wheel camera view is really cool! You can see exactly where the front wheels are making drivers less dependent on spotters. The screen resolution is a LOT better than the Uconnect4. I have to give Ford credit for their cameras. Ford's cameras are a grandslam compared to what the JL has.

I am in the market for another 4x4. The Bronco and JL are the logical choices for me. I like many of the Bronco's attributes but I am passing on the 2-door Bronco this time around for another Wrangler. Ford needs more time to improve their QC. I want to give Ford more time to work out whatever production and supplier QC issues they have. The interior plastic trim, hardware, roof can use some improvements.

I did not buy a first year JL either. I waited before buying a JLR also. I waited until FCA improved QC on defective frame welds and a few other production issues before ordering and buying a JLR.

Last edited:

Sponsored

CorvZ061

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
I am excited there is fresh competition also. Competition is ultimately better for the end consumers. 3 years later and Jeep still has QC issues with it's Infotainment system, Uconnect, radios, back-up camera. Ford easily best Jeep with their back-up camera. The Bronco's huge screen is nice. The Bronco's 360 degree camera view and front wheel camera view is really cool! You can see exactly where the front wheels are making drivers less dependent on spotters. The screen resolution is a LOT better than the Uconnect4. I have to give Ford credit for their cameras.
Coming from a long line of Ford's. Multiple F series trucks, Mustang GT, Focus ST, my wife has a new Expedition. The resolution of the camera on my Jeep is far beyond what Ford has, not to mention my mustang and F150 having a recall on there camera because it just shows a black screen. No lines is better than no camera last I checked. I was heavily considering a Bronco, still have a base Squatch ordered I won't be taking delivery of. I hope they get the quality issues fixed quickly, though being Ford I have my doubts.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I am excited there is fresh competition also. Competition is ultimately better for the end consumers. The Bronco is hardly out and Jeep is already offering more for consumers. The Bronco has a optional Sasquatch package with 35" tires and Beadlock capable wheels. Jeep is countering with a Xtreme Recon package that has 35" tires and Beadlock capable wheels. This type of "one-up" is what drives both brands to offer more and improve it's products. Hopefully it's more than options that improve. It would be nice to see higher QC and a better end product from both brands.

3 years later and Jeep still has QC issues with it's Infotainment system, Uconnect, radios, back-up camera. Ford easily best Jeep with their back-up camera. The Bronco's huge screen is nice. The Bronco's 360 degree camera view and front wheel camera view is really cool! You can see exactly where the front wheels are making drivers less dependent on spotters. The screen resolution is a LOT better than the Uconnect4. I have to give Ford credit for their cameras.

I am in the market for another 4x4. The Bronco and JL are the logical choices for me. I like many of the Bronco's attributes but I am passing on the 2-door Bronco this time around for another Wrangler. Ford needs more time to improve their QC. I want to give Ford more time to work out whatever production and supplier QC issues they have. The interior plastic trim, hardware, roof can use some improvements.

I waited before buying a JLR also. I waited until FCA improved QC on defective frame welds and a few other production issues before ordering and buying a JLR.
I agree on the 360 camera. This is an area where Jeep could have innovated and they didn't. It's cool tech and there is nothing comparable in the aftermarket either.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
There was a new Bronco owner that posted on the Bronco forum with photos a few days ago. Initially, he thought the honeycomb "affect" was cool without realizing it was a defect since it appeared after he ceramic coated it.

In the end, all new models have their glitches and the pandemic has not helped reduce that scenario in the slightest. I like the competition--it forces FCA to do things they should have long ago. Go Bronco!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Coming from a long line of Ford's. Multiple F series trucks, Mustang GT, Focus ST, my wife has a new Expedition. The resolution of the camera on my Jeep is far beyond what Ford has, not to mention my mustang and F150 having a recall on there camera because it just shows a black screen. No lines is better than no camera last I checked. I was heavily considering a Bronco, still have a base Squatch ordered I won't be taking delivery of. I hope they get the quality issues fixed quickly, though being Ford I have my doubts.
Your 2020 must have a different screen and back-up camera then what was in the 2019 JLs? I owned a '19JLR and the back-up camera and infotainment was very problematic. My JLR had 3 different head units for back-up camera and Uconnect related issues. I suggest you do a search for Uconnect4 and common back-up camera problems. Ford gives you a black screen when it malfunctions. You get a blue screen with the JL. How ironic is that? Ford should get the BLUE screen. :CWL:

How old were your last Fords and and what generation infotainment screens and systems? Was what you had the same as what is in the new Bronco? Did they have the same 12" Sync 4? I owned a '19JLR with the upgraded 8.4" Uconnect4 infotainment. I thought the larger screen in the Bronco was a LOT better than my Uconnect4 screen. And it should be considering the 12" Sync4 is brand new. The Jeep's Uconnect4 is obsolete and being replaced across the entire product line with Uconnect5 anytime now.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Trainman

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
Since I posted the original post, I just want to say I'm not a Bronco Hater. What I think the Bronco will do is give Jeep some completion that they really haven't had much in the past. This should give the buying public some discounts and rebaits that they have not had very much of, plus both will try to out do each other and develop a better vehicle for the new buyer. I think you will see the day when completion becomes pretty completive, that is if we ever return to normal in the automotive business.
Sponsored