Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I find it interesting that Toyota has gone full fu man chu with Hydrogen Tech and not EV so why the interest in Solid State Batteries?

Speaking of the latest news: The EPA has come with a new time line for full conversion to EV. It was 2035, now its 2032. That is IMPOSSIBLE to attain, you cannot get there from here that fast.

That said the way they intend to make it happen is toConsilidate all electrical generation in the US. In other words the Federal Govt will be the Electric Company for AmeriKa.

Anyone pickup on what Denver did to its citizens. Well as you know it was hotter than hell across the US recently so the city of Denver was have brown outs and they responded by turning OFF or turning up your home thermostat. LOL looks like I was Validated. Years ago I wrote a article about SMART Electric meters and SMART applinces. I stated the GOVT from city to Federal will have the ability to control your SMART appliances. I was almost run out of town, saying it was impossible. I said now you know what the SMART meter and appliances were for!

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I find it interesting that Toyota has gone full fu man chu with Hydrogen Tech and not EV so why the interest in Solid State Batteries?

Speaking of the latest news: The EPA has come with a new time line for full conversion to EV. It was 2035, now its 2032. That is IMPOSSIBLE to attain, you cannot get there from here that fast.

That said the way they intend to make it happen is toConsilidate all electrical generation in the US. In other words the Federal Govt will be the Electric Company for AmeriKa.

Anyone pickup on what Denver did to its citizens. Well as you know it was hotter than hell across the US recently so the city of Denver was have brown outs and they responded by turning OFF or turning up your home thermostat. LOL looks like I was Validated. Years ago I wrote a article about SMART Electric meters and SMART applinces. I stated the GOVT from city to Federal will have the ability to control your SMART appliances. I was almost run out of town, saying it was impossible. I said now you know what the SMART meter and appliances were for!
Discussing this will prob get the thread shut down. You're 100% right. The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line.

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Discussing this will prob get the thread shut down. You're 100% right. The regional governors now have direct control over their territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line.
Not meant to be political but Factual.

Aș far as I know the only state in the US that has its OWN electrical grid is Texas.

Sponsored

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara

Same goes for EVs(smart cars) they will be able to lock it down, or restrict where it can and cannot go. V2G means they can suck the electricity out of it while you are asleep.

elf883

First Name
steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jlu willys anvil
Occupation
stationary engineer
the solid state battery as nice as it sounds , to be effective would use 5 to 10 times more lithium packed into the same size battery. dangerous sounding to me. i have loads of race drones all powered by high powered lithiums, when they pop its wild to see.
there is already a shortage of lithium , more land destroyed, more fuel used to mine that lithium and still the problem of how to recycle the lithium , your already being told do not run large electrical items when its really hot out, dont use air conditioning. so how to power / charge all these cars on an already weak underpowered grid?
if u ask me electric just makes more waste.
just my thoughts

happy 4th everyone !!!!!

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX 460
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Go to Zero Hedge, to read an article about something they read on PC Mag, to read about something they read on Nikkei’s English service news division.

The state of modern journalism, folks.

Solid state would be a game changer. Would greatly mitigate battery wear, making EVs and hybrids more valuable beyond the first ten or so years. Also may solve the temperature problem.

What temperature problem? Ask a 4xe owner.

speedymart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jl

I'm pretty sure the CEO of Toyota said BEVs are stupid. Lithium isn't readily available enough, and for the amount of materials 1 BEV takes you could make 6 PHEVs or 46 normal hybrid vehicles.

They're always looking for better tech, and eventually we'll get there. It isn't there yet, and certainly not available enough for mass production on the scale regulators want.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
Just remember EVs aren't here to replace ICE, the ultimate goal is to get rid of private vehicles for the masses, learn to ride a bicycle or a skateboard.

They are deleting roads as fast as they can without spooking the sleeping masses.

tozalazz

First Name
aleshia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco big bend
“Then the plans move to a 932 mile range and a less-than-10 minute charging time."

The plan seems promising, especially if they can successfully scale up this groundbreaking technology for mass production. Regardless of the materials they choose to employ, just to Ensure the safety of the battery for drivers and the environment.
Sponsored