First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited & 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel
Occupation
USCG
Finally no more of the shiny chrome badges! If you haven’t you should register and download the “badge of honor” app and go earn a few badges!

736394DE-0BBB-4BE1-BD2F-E661121E5A3D.png
Sponsored

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
I got this email too. The graphics don’t really do much for me. I’m not really sure how they resemble the badges on my vehicle. Can’t wait to see what they really look like.

OP
OP
cwhrpwr

cwhrpwr

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USCG
Notification just came in - if u want the newly designed replacement badges - for the ones you have earned you have until July 31.

A39FF50E-663F-41A1-AEDE-CD2E87698AC7.png

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I got this email too. The graphics don’t really do much for me. I’m not really sure how they resemble the badges on my vehicle. Can’t wait to see what they really look like.
I have one of the new ones, I also am not sure how these are any closer to the badges on my Jeep. The new ones are also in 2 pieces, one part that is the actual badge is sort of like a dog tag, then a separate backing piece that it connects to.

I just received the one for Schnebly Hill, and I am waiting on the new version of all my others. I do like the new one better than the old ones though.

1D5A504C-824B-42AC-988E-03D276A0FF7A.jpeg

FAD80D9F-1E18-4FC2-A97A-4A50B459015B.jpeg

OP
OP
cwhrpwr

cwhrpwr

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
USCG
I just hit Big Bear in SOCAL this last weekend! Have three more on the way! Interested to see how the new ones look in person!

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I just hit Big Bear in SOCAL this last weekend! Have three more on the way! Interested to see how the new ones look in person!
As soon as my 2020 gets here I will be going to CO and Moab, then later this year I plan to hit a few trails in CA. Planned on the Rubicon trail earlier this year but due to the issues with my 2019 I never made it. Going to be a busy remainder of 2019.

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
nice i just hit 3 trails from Big bear , and we are planning to Colorado Telluride and Moab end of this month , can't wait!

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
nice i just hit 3 trails from Big bear , and we are planning to Colorado Telluride and Moab end of this month , can't wait!
I would suggest checking on the condition of the Telluride area trails before heading there. I understand from my friend who lives there that many are still closed to to snow, and Imogene pass had a big mudslide last week that apparently left several Jeepers stranded. Maybe another forum member from that area has newer/more accurate info.

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I would suggest checking on the condition of the Telluride area trails before heading there. I understand from my friend who lives there that many are still closed to to snow, and Imogene pass had a big mudslide last week that apparently left several Jeepers stranded. Maybe another forum member from that area has newer/more accurate info.
thanks for the update we are going end of this month and will check the conditions before drive

thanks again!

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
My replacement badges finally came! Now I have to figure out if I want to display them on the Jeep or in my garage. If on the Jeep, I'll probably go with the rear quarter window on the hard top, like I think Trail Recon (YouTube guy) did with his. I have the old badges on the fender on my JK, and they look great, but I like the clean and uncluttered look on the JL. Decisions, decisions...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
On another note, I see that these badges are like dog tags in that they have a hole and have to be taped into the mounts to put them on the Jeep.

Did they set them up so they could be like dog tags where you just keep adding them to a chain and maybe you can hang them from the center rearview mirror or something? That may be the way I wind up displaying them, but I'm not sure they'll hold up well to clanging together. I wouldn't want to scratch them up and wear them out.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll come up with something, I'm sure, but I've got some limitations. I don't have the Freedom Panels, but instead I run either the full soft top or a Sunrider for Hard Top, so sticking them up there isn't an option. I'm going to bump the https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/show-your-badges-of-honor-on-your-rig.21771/ thread and maybe we'll see some fresh ideas there. I'm also still entertaining the idea of maybe a framed display to put them up in my office at work. They'd go well next to my 1/64 scale Jeep collection that's already hanging there.
Sponsored