Sponsored

New Badge of Honor trail recommendations: LA, AR, TX, OK, NM - Represent!

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m borrowing this idea from another thread started by the Southeast guys.

I inquired of the BoH folks about new trails closer to me in TX. The folks at the Badge of Honor program take recommendations for new trails to add.

We are always looking for suggestions for new trails. If you have any of the following information for these trails, I would be more than willing to add it to our list of potential additions.

a. Trail Name:
b. Trail Location:
c. Difficulty Rating:
d. Brief Description:
e. Long Description:
f. Seasons/Months the trail is open:
g. GPS Coordinates:
h. Local Office/Trail Head:
i. Phone Number:
j. Link to Website:
k. Websites for info:
Arkansas has 3 of the trails at Hot Springs ORV currently in the program.

Make suggestions and let’s see if they’ll add more trails in our region. I don’t have a ton of off-roading experience. Hidden Falls ORV park in Marble Falls, TX springs to mind, but which trails would you suggest? I haven’t made it up to Barnwell Mountain yet. Any NE TX people have any thoughts about the trails there? Other states - what you got?
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic

I inquired of the BoH folks about new trails closer to me in TX. The folks at the Badge of Honor program take recommendations for new trails to add.

Make suggestions and let’s see if they’ll add more trails in our region. I don’t have a ton of off-roading experience. Hidden Falls ORV park in Marble Falls, TX springs to mind, but which trails would you suggest? I haven’t made it up to Barnwell Mountain yet. Any NE TX people have any thoughts about the trails there? Other states - what you got?
I wrote to the folks who manage this and suggested North Pole at Hidden Falls. They would like to have a brief description of the trail, and start and end GPS coordinates. I submit all of this for North Pole, but there is a ton of other trails there and other places that should be added. There are so many other great trails throughout the US that need to be added. Even if they don't do badges, but get some way for us to share pictures and information about trails on a central app that Jeepers are aware of.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Hey, quick question: What does all this mean? What if the trail is a local forest road? We don't have a lot in the Northeast but a lot of the trails we run are State/ Town Forest roads

i. Phone Number:
j. Link to Website:
k. Websites for info:

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Hey, quick question: What does all this mean? What if the trail is a local forest road? We don't have a lot in the Northeast but a lot of the trails we run are State/ Town Forest roads

i. Phone Number:
j. Link to Website:
k. Websites for info:
That info is for trails that have it, often private trails. If it’s a public road just provide them with as much info as possible to be able to find and evaluate it. GPS coordinates for the start and end of the section you run would be helpful.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
That info is for trails that have it, often private trails. If it’s a public road just provide them with as much info as possible to be able to find and evaluate it. GPS coordinates for the start and end of the section you run would be helpful.
Got it. Thank you!
One of my friends looked into this a while ago, I don't know if he ever heard back from them.

T43

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport

Curious who you inquired with at BOH. I downloaded the app and clicked the map only to find there are no trails remotely close to me.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Curious who you inquired with at BOH. I downloaded the app and clicked the map only to find there are no trails remotely close to me.
[email protected] is their customer service contact email. I’d contacted them regarding inability to check in at s trail due to poor phone service out in the boondocks. When they responded I asked about adding trails.

Glad it worked! We are always looking for suggestions for new trails. If you have any of the following information for these trails, I would be more than willing to add it to our list of potential additions.

a. Trail Name:
b. Trail Location:
c. Difficulty Rating:
d. Brief Description:
e. Long Description:
f. Seasons/Months the trail is open:
g. GPS Coordinates:
i. Phone Number:
j. Link to Website:
k. Websites for info:

Best Regards,