New AMP Power Steps Installed!*VIDEO*

silver

First Name
Jeannie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver JLUR
I am getting the AMP steps put on my mopar 2.5 inch lifted JLUR on 35 inch tires. I am wondering if there is some type of skid plate or rail that could be mounted under the step mechanism to protect it. I know Rockslide Engineering has integrated rails, but we didn't like how they opened. I was hoping there was a solution for the AMP steps.

SmartStopStart.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartstopstart.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Electronics Engineer and Business Owner
I am getting the AMP steps put on my mopar 2.5 inch lifted JLUR on 35 inch tires. I am wondering if there is some type of skid plate or rail that could be mounted under the step mechanism to protect it. I know Rockslide Engineering has integrated rails, but we didn't like how they opened. I was hoping there was a solution for the AMP steps.
Get the Amp Power Step XL instead of the standard Amp Power Steps. It is around $400-$500 more and comes with rails. It looks much better/ more integrated on the JL and provides some protection (though not the same level of protection as Rockslide steps). Love mine. See demo

silver

First Name
Jeannie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver JLUR
Get the Amp Power Step XL instead of the standard Amp Power Steps. It is around $400-$500 more and comes with rails. It looks much better/ more integrated on the JL and provides some protection (though not the same level of protection as Rockslide steps). Love mine. See demo

That does look a lot better than the nasty pinch weld. I was going to get a trim strip, but this is a much better solution. Thanks for your help. I'm glad you like your steps. It's always nice to hear a good review. It would have been expensive buyers remorse. Much appreciated!

Sponsored

s2000zr

First Name
mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda ridgeline
I think the XL is very expensive for what you get. No rock protection at all. When folded up, they hang below the frame.