First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
I am running the 285/75 Falken AT3Ws on mine. I got them because they are the same height as the 35” KO2s, but not quite as wide so that they fit the stock rims. (Although they are still wide enought that they are a b!tch to mount / dismount. I have a tire changer in my garage and the stock 33” KO2s came off really easy. Getting the 285/75s on the wheels took a lot of lube and were still challenging.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Keep in mind that the Mopar 2” lift is based on a Rubicon. On a Sport it will yield 3-3.5”.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Got the tires installed about 2 weeks ago! Mickey Thompson Baja ATZp3 285/70/17
Jeep Wrangler JL New All-Terrain Tires On Stock Wheels? EB8F358E-3D77-46CA-AFAA-5CDEF50F7179
Jeep Wrangler JL New All-Terrain Tires On Stock Wheels? B308A144-A0F5-4868-829F-E1EF618891F5
I’ve been working weekends lately so I haven’t had a chance to get them dirty but will be going down to Sunriver, OR this coming weekend! They definitely increased the height of my Jeep by about 2 inches and did great during a short drive on the beach (absolutely no sand in the tread!)
They look amazing and I couldn’t be happier with them! I still have the doors off so I can’t say anything about road noise but I don’t think that’ll be an issue for me at all.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind that the Mopar 2” lift is based on a Rubicon. On a Sport it will yield 3-3.5”.
I asked the dealership as well as quadratec about that and they said it would be 2” for a sport model and a less than 2” increase for rubicon models.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Buy once, cry once.
$1500 well spent including $264 per tire $37 per tire for insurance (excluding the spare since he gave it to me for free) and about $80 for gorilla brand black lug nuts and wheel locks.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I was gonna say…I don’t think 285/70/17 is available yet in the new Baja Boss AT.

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
I was gonna say…I don’t think 285/70/17 is available yet in the new Baja Boss AT.
Yeah I went to discount tire to get them installed and I I don’t think they heard me over the phone when I said Baja Boss so they ordered the ATZp3’s in the size I needed and I didn’t figure that out until I called before getting them installed to ensure they were correct but honestly I think these are better since they’re a cross between mud and all terrain tires and living in Oregon you see everything especially mud and huge rocks that scrape my poor Jeep’s underside.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Yeah I went to discount tire to get them installed and I I don’t think they heard me over the phone when I said Baja Boss so they ordered the ATZp3’s in the size I needed and I didn’t figure that out until I called before getting them installed to ensure they were correct but honestly I think these are better since they’re a cross between mud and all terrain tires and living in Oregon you see everything especially mud and huge rocks that scrape my poor Jeep’s underside.
So are the new AT’s. It’s a hybrid tire. Very aggressive sidewall.
Jeep Wrangler JL New All-Terrain Tires On Stock Wheels? 5B496D63-E1A5-4BE6-B71C-70D32B77AD32

OP
OP
rockclimber

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
So are the new AT’s. It’s a hybrid tire. Very aggressive sidewall.
Jeep Wrangler JL New All-Terrain Tires On Stock Wheels? 5B496D63-E1A5-4BE6-B71C-70D32B77AD32
Yep they definitely look great! I can’t wait to actually get on some trails this weekend!! I don’t know what I should do to my Jeep next! Fender flares or front bumper or a programmer to have the speed read correctly again..

Sponsored

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
I called discount tire gave them the size 285x70x17 he said it would be $1437 for 5 mounted and balanced and he’d call me when they come in. The stock tires are almost 2 inches shorter than the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT ones I ordered and they’ll fit on the stock wheels I have without having to worry about popping a bead.

The 35/12.5 tires on stock rims actually hold a bead better than a wider rim because there is more pressure on the bead...its a poor mans beadlock and works way better at low pressure off road and drives perfect on the highway. Anyone saying that the 12.5 on a stock wheel is a bead popping hazard has zero experience.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I asked the dealership as well as quadratec about that and they said it would be 2” for a sport model and a less than 2” increase for rubicon models.
Search this site and you will find differently.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Search this site and you will find differently.
There are now 4 Mopar lift spring variations just for the 4 door. And there are even more stock spring combos. No wonder there are so many different results.

Wonder what the 4xe lift would do to a light sport 2 door.

Gotcha-Again-LOL

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon Mojito
Vehicle Showcase
Yep they definitely look great! I can’t wait to actually get on some trails this weekend!! I don’t know what I should do to my Jeep next! Fender flares or front bumper or a programmer to have the speed read correctly again..
Excited for you man! Jeeps are so fun!

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
My stock tires were 255/70/18 Bridgestone Duelers. Last week I put on Firestone Destination M/T2s 275/70/18, stock wheels with no lift. Basically 33s. Fills out the wheel well nicely and the Jeep has a much more aggressive stance.

F87D60A2-601F-4587-9B19-E1253156CB12.jpeg

C25AFBCA-7FF4-4508-A11E-439DFDB9C1CC.jpeg
Sponsored