New 8.4" Security Code

bmrrwolfe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2005 Grand Cherokee
I found a local guy who is selling an 8.4" NAV screen, that he bought new from Allmopardirect. He said he installed it for 5 mins to test it, then ended up going with an aftermarket unit.
He said it did not come with any security code, does that sound right?
Its a great price, but don't want to get screwed and have a brick if the first time my battery dies it asks for a code that I cannot obtain.

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I found a local guy who is selling an 8.4" NAV screen, that he bought new from Allmopardirect. He said he installed it for 5 mins to test it, then ended up going with an aftermarket unit.
He said it did not come with any security code, does that sound right?
Its a great price, but don't want to get screwed and have a brick if the first time my battery dies it asks for a code that I cannot obtain.

Any help is appreciated!
I too purchased a new 8.4" from a Mopar wholesaler. I did not need a security code when I installed it. I have since disconnected my battery a couple of time and when restarting the vehicle I had no issues. I've also used my Tazer mini to reboot the system a couple of time with no issues. I would think if you ran into an issue you can go to the dealer with the serial number of the head unit they would be able to get you a code. I say this because I sold my 7" UConnect unit and needed to get the unlock code for the buyer. I called my service rep, gave him the serial number and he was able to provide me with the security code. Buyer confirmed the install of the 7" with no problems experienced.