Sponsored

New 4Runner TRD Pro vs JL Rubicon Face Off Comparison Review

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
Not butthurt. But don't expect to say something dumb and not get called on it. It's nothing personal.

I say dumb shit on this forum all the time and I take my beatings just like everyone else. It's better to laugh it off.
I would disagree any of my comments were dumb. People who disagree with my comments were the ones getting upset. I have owned many Wranglers, from CJs all the way through my JLR. From mild to wild. What I determine as soft may not be to the next, I realize. I just find it funny how many people get so worked up on an Internet forum. Soft Wranglers for soft people I guess... I had to throw that last punch in there.
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Depends on the definition of capable in terms of offroading you're using. If you took both out in completely stock trim, they are both belly draggers on any sort of serious trail. A JLR 2dr just might best them both, stock for stock.
LOL..not a chance. I'd put the JLU behind the TJ in terms of capability for sure. It's nicer, but it's not as capable. I love my JLUR but if it came to just capability, a TJ/LJ is just by far a much more capable rig offroad.

s2000zr

First Name
mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda ridgeline
Love my soft stock rubicon. Going to make it more soft by adding Michelin's LTX A/T2 tires

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have seen built Suzuki Samurai on 31s successfully go through rockcrawling courses that built Wranglers on 38.5” tires have trouble with. I agree the TJ is a more capable rig than the JL. Smaller in size and the 4.0 is a better motor for wheelin’.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Don't wanna let that anonymous dude on the internet call your ride "soft," my brosefs. We all know material goods are the most important things in life, and the opinions of random people we've never met about said items are what matter most.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lot of tight canyon trails in Illinois?
Man made course for National Rockcrawling events and fun and exciting runs through old abandoned rock quarries.

We would also have really tight trails through creek bottoms that were turned into courses.

TXJeepScientist

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Nissan Pathfinder, 08 Honda Civic, 07 Toyota Avalon, 94 Jeep Cherokee, 10 Saab 9.3T
It’s funny to hear everyone knocking the 4Runner. Don’t be blind to what FCA is doing with the Wrangler. It too, is getting soft and no longer the “hardcore” vehicle it once was. I was riding with my buddy yesterday in his JL. He is not a automotive enthusiast at all, but had fond memories of the TJ he owned nearly 15 years ago. He bought a new JL back in November to bring back the same feeling he had years ago. His exact words: I wanted a Jeep and I got an IPad. He has a point.
Unfortunately, every new vehicle is going the way of the iPad.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unfortunately, every new vehicle is going the way of the iPad.
I know, it is a little sad. However, we are all looking to be a little bit more comfortable in our lives, so I get it. Especially if you daily drive your Jeep. For a weekend warrior or fun toy, I want it to be loud, crude and even rude. You know, scare babies and dogs when you drive by. Beat you up a little and sometimes have a little bit trouble starting when you want to go for an impromptu drive.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I know, it is a little sad. However, we are all looking to be a little bit more comfortable in our lives, so I get it. Especially if you daily drive your Jeep. For a weekend warrior or fun toy, I want it to be loud, crude and even rude. You know, scare babies and dogs when you drive by. Beat you up a little and sometimes have a little bit trouble starting when you want to go for an impromptu drive.
Sounds like you should build a rock buggy.

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
The only thing I call BS on regarding the Jeep guy is "It's hard to have a conversation on the highway." After 22k miles and MANY MANY highway trips, some even with the front panels out we have NEVER struggled to have a conversation... ever, ever, ever.
I’ve had bluetooth phone conversations with the windows down and freedom panels off at 60 mph.